What's new

Cedar Point | Valravn | B&M Dive Machine

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Lift hill is starting to go vertical.

And don't worry about the colors - they'll fade to a nice orange in a few years. :razz:

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
The reason I think gold would have been the way to go would be because of one of the ride's main selling points: the records it's breaking. The mini-site for the coaster has tabs reading "Visions of Glory" and "Rise to Power," and the records page describes it as the "undisputed king of dive coasters." Themes I see resonating here are domination and victory. Gold and silver are commonly associated with winning and wealth, so they would be very appropriate for a coaster like this. Not like a cheesy cartoony yellowy gold, but like a deep, legit gold.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Could Valravn have a better color scheme? Probably. Could it be worse? Absolutely.

SilverBullet_Website_Header2.jpg

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Better than all black, gray, or white. Nothing is worse than Silver Bullet and those nasty trains.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
No ****, it was in reference to 'Merlin Grey', which is indeed a 'term' or 'name' to shades of grey uses by the parks, so in essence only has one term ;)

Snoo

The Legend
To be fair, it's tough at Cedar Point as they're coasters have about every color imaginable.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
In terms of track colour: black, grey, purple, gold, pink, white haven't been used. Various shades of other colours would be great instead of sticking to primary red for half their coasters. I guess brown could work, just not with blue supports.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm waiting to pass judgement on the cooper/navy color combo until I see the actual structure. CGI renderings are tough at capturing color in its natural lighting environment - Diamondback at KI for instance came out a deeper red than what was advertised at the announcement.

render_Helix.jpg

I feel the actual track color could appear brighter in person, which would complement well with the navy supports. They are after all split complementaries!

cc5c59e5753b0b84e1cadd3fd26d945e.jpg

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Here's a good photo of what I'm getting at - track looks a far brighter orange than the computer renderings lead on:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/cedarpoint/status/664107163929985024[/tweet]

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
bottom track of the first drop/immelmann is now in place.

camera1.jpg