What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I could envision this as an overbanked drop, which drops into a quickly counter-banked turn, similar to the drop following Outlaw Run's first overbanked turn.7624410422_49fc38576c_b.jpg

Temleh

Mega Poster
Imagine if it went straight into the break run after that top hat thing... That would be bad...

I thought you were meant to be the most improved member of the year? :p

It looks ridiculous, Tony Clark must be itching to spill it.

codeman94

Mega Poster
It would be cool if it continued to twist down. The bummer is that future photos will need to be taken from another angle. We've been fortunate that construction thus far has been near a road where quick pics are apparently easy to get. We might not see much after this, but we still have the lift hill to look forward to.

davidm

Strata Poster
From the other side;
C5iFyaiWUAAbG0a.jpg

Source : twitter.com/_alexmetz/status/835564851439218689

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
I'm so confused... Why are those beams so slanted???
So that the track can remain unbanked. Looking at it now and seeing how the ledgers on the lead-in are banked, but that track is not banked, I'd say that's what's happening to the exit as well. This turn definitelty reminds me of Iron Rattler's drop.

Sythe

Mega Poster
So that the track can remain unbanked. Looking at it now and seeing how the ledgers on the lead-in are banked, but that track is not banked, I'd say that's what's happening to the exit as well. This turn definitelty reminds me of Iron Rattler's drop.
Oh. That makes a lot more sense now.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Howie

Donkey in a hat
If this thing doesn't warrant a CoasterForce USA Live next year, well... I don't what does.
Start saving now, kids.

Snoo

The Legend
To be fair, it did move rather quickly through the first turn.. even with the trim. But they're adding some 40+ feet (used to be 161ft) so the height change isn't as drastic.

Sythe

Mega Poster
Comparison between old and new. Can't wait to see how high they've made the first drop!
C5sV3HXVAAA5aCG.jpg
About 151 feet. I overlayed it myself the other day and did some measurements and other math stuffs based off of the height of the old turn. Of course there's a margin of error so it's probably a few feet higher or lower than that

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I mean, we know it's going to be a 200 ft. roller coaster. Isn't that the biggest matter of concern?