What's new

Cedar Point | Steel Vengeance | RMC I-Box (Mean Streak Conversion)

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
went to Cedar Point last Tuesday on my visit to the states and had my fastpass plus so got to ride loads of times and I have to go against the hype, overall its just not that enjoyable. I rode front middle and back on both trains running and the more I rode the more I thought it had long passed the fine balance between intensity and discomfort, my wife only rode the once as she found it too bad the first time, at first I thought she was being soft but ride after ride with those uncomfortable restraints (loads of pressure on my shins and thighs as I was so often out of my seat) I enjoyed it less and less.

There were some thrilling moments in particular the first drop where I thought I was going to get thrown out and I was certain at multiple points I was going to smash my head off some of the steel bars in the structure as it raced round. If you like things in life a bit rough I can see why you would really like it and maybe if I hadn't found the restraints so uncomfortable maybe I would have enjoyed it more but the best way to describe it is that I kickbox as a hobby and it felt like I did round after round against a far better opponent, at first the adrenaline gets you through but eventually it takes it toll and you end up coming off punchdrunk and it just stops being fun

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^Everyone has a different opinion I guess, but the guys on this site are intensity junkies. Has this ride actually ran with 3 trains yet?

P.S. I can't get rid of the IMG in my signature, could a kind mod please sort that out? Thanks. :)

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
^Everyone has a different opinion I guess, but the guys on this site are intensity junkies. Has this ride actually ran with 3 trains yet?

P.S. I can't get rid of the IMG in my signature, could a kind mod please sort that out? Thanks. :)

BlackJack was off when I was there. I asked about it and they said just 2

I like Intensity myself I just think there is a balance, El Toro for me is an example of that very intense but also really fun

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Going slightly off topic but I did Wildfire (Kolmarden) the other day, my first RMC, and I fully understand why some people love SV and some people hate it. Towards the end of the day I just found the intensity a bit too much and I still have bruises from the lapbar/leg thingys. I've been told that SV is much more intense and, honestly, I think it would be too much for me.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Going slightly off topic but I did Wildfire (Kolmarden) the other day, my first RMC, and I fully understand why some people love SV and some people hate it. Towards the end of the day I just found the intensity a bit too much and I still have bruises from the lapbar/leg thingys. I've been told that SV is much more intense and, honestly, I think it would be too much for me.
You get used to them. I've done 7 RMCs and the first 2(WC and Wildfire) I really felt the shin guards, now I barely notice them. Only when having the restraints checked do I feel any discomfort as I'm trying not to be stapled but once I settle in on the lift hill I have no issues. Try to get an inch extra and the shin guards hardly touch you.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
You get used to them. I've done 7 RMCs and the first 2(WC and Wildfire) I really felt the shin guards, now I barely notice them. Only when having the restraints checked do I feel any discomfort as I'm trying not to be stapled but once I settle in on the lift hill I have no issues. Try to get an inch extra and the shin guards hardly touch you.

Surely if you are having to get used to them they aren't good restraints?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Surely if you are having to get used to them they aren't good restraints?
Not in this sense, they were the first restraints that I recall using which had shin guards, so of course i noticed them.
But I rode Lightning Run recently, which also has shin guards, no issues. If Intamin or B&M used a shin guard now I probably wouldn't have issues with that either.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Not in this sense, they were the first restraints that I recall using which had shin guards, so of course i noticed them.
But I rode Lightning Run recently, which also has shin guards, no issues. If Intamin or B&M used a shin guard now I probably wouldn't have issues with that either.

Fair enough, thought you meant they caused you discomfort rather than they were just there

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
P.S. I can't get rid of the IMG in my signature, could a kind mod please sort that out? Thanks.

I think I fixed it, it looks like you were trying to link two images (which would make your signature unreasonably big).

Snoo

The Legend
With the speed they pump those trains out, they definitely could. I don't think they have the stones tho just because it already bumped. Another big issue with their major attraction may not be good.

Pear

Strata Poster
On Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays through July 12th, Steel Vengeance will not be available for early entry, but Raptor will be instead. Hopefully this means 3 trains will be happening soon.

Source

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Word on the street is 3 train testing has commenced, with possible goal of three train operation by Halloweekends. @NAPayne31, have you heard anything from the SV crew?

I was at the park last week, only Blackjack and Digger were running.

Snoo

The Legend
Word on the street is 3 train testing has commenced, with possible goal of three train operation by Halloweekends. @NAPayne31, have you heard anything from the SV crew?

With the turnover, I wonder if that would be the best time to test that? I also wonder if they've been testing 3 train ops with a crowd and no one has noticed.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
As @Pear has said, I think they're using the Early Entry time to test 3 train ops. Hopefully they get it up soon, as that line can be a bitch

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Boris81

Roller Poster

I hope they figure it out sooner. Do you really think it takes them that long?