What's new

Cedar Point | Siren's Curse | Vekoma TILT | 2025

Having been on a tilt drop before (Escape from Gringotts), it's not really similar to a dive coaster drop at all. The main thrill is the feeling as the track tilts, the drop is just the bonus. I think both can co-exist in the same park.

That being said, if Top Thrill 2 worked out this would have 100% gone to Kings Island or Carowinds, parks that needed it more.

I like the coaster, but I am not a fan that this one will be at CP.

This coaster would have better gone to almost any other park in the chain and CP could have gotten an bigger version with a custom layout and better fitting colors 3 years later.

The colors that EL chose just don't fit with the theming, nor the other coasters around.

CP f#### it up with TT2 and to me they should have taken more time to plan something "better", maybe a layout that can hold 3 trains?! 2 train operations on modern Vekomas don't move poeple like CP needs. I just drove hime from EL and there we're not too many people, but the two Vekomas launch coasters always had the longest lines in the park with 2 train ops.

The colors that EL chose just don't fit with the theming, nor the other coasters around.
Could have been worse; EL originally went with blue supports, not sure how I'd feel about that at CP tbh.

The three-train tilt coaster at Qiddiya looks like an absolute monster though; it would have been more in line with Cedar Point to be honest but I digress. Millennium Force next door does 600pph tops nowadays anyways and I was prepared to fly out and stay with friends in Mexico City for this, so suddenly having this ride being located 5 hours away warrants no complaints.

Also tangent but we have four different threads on here seemingly all covering the same ride, the story behind this has got to be absolutely fascinating.

Also tangent but we have four different threads on here seemingly all covering the same ride, the story behind this has got to be absolutely fascinating.
I've decided to lock the EL and SFM threads - those specific coasters are dead now (well... at CP now...). The generic Vekoma one can stay though, that has historically been used for different stuff.