What's new

Cedar Point | Siren's Curse | Vekoma TILT | 2025

cp-25-rides-sctc-cta-1.jpg

Press Release ; https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/med...er-to-lure-cedar-point-thrill-seekers-in-2025

SANDUSKY, Ohio (Sept. 19, 2024) – Cedar Point, The Roller Coaster Capital of the World®, will add fathoms of thrills to its world-renowned and record-breaking collection of scream machines with the 2025 debut of Siren’s Curse – the tallest, fastest and longest “tilt” roller coaster in North America.

Siren’s Curse hearkens to the legend and lore of mysterious creatures living beneath the surface of Lake Erie; often spoken of – but never spotted. The sirens of the lake who lured sailors to their underwater demise with their sweet, seductive songs will finally rise to land and attempt to entrap guests in a sinister two-minute fate of non-stop roller coaster innovation.

Riders will hear the echo of the siren’s chilling melodies as they ascend an old 160-foot-tall Lake Erie shipping crane tower, the sounds growing more sinister as riders reach the top. Their fate will hang in the balance as they encounter the roller coaster’s signature moment: a dead stop on a “broken off” section of track. The creaking platform holding the train of riders will slowly tilt the entire train into a 90-degree vertical position, forcing riders to peer straight down with the hope their train will connect to the twisted track below.

As the track locks into place, riders will flee from the beckoning call of the siren and plunge into the abyss, speeding through 2,966 feet of track at a top speed of 58 mph. The ride will feature 13 weightless airtime moments, two 360-degree, zero-gravity barrel rolls and a high-speed “triple-down” element with twisted and overbanked track.

Adding to the immersive experience, the two, 24-passenger trains on Siren’s Curse will feature integrated audio and signature LED lighting on each car.

Located across from the Iron Dragon suspended coaster and near the Cedar Point Marina, the ride’s tangled and compact layout will provide the high-thrill experience Cedar Point guests have come to know from America’s Roller Coast®. Guests must be 48” tall to ride Siren’s Curse.

“Record-breaking thrills have always been at the heart of Cedar Point’s roller coaster lineup, and Siren’s Curse lives up to that standard,” said Carrie Boldman, vice president and general manager of Cedar Point. “The entire ride is an experience filled with non-stop action, but that first precarious tilted position where you’re hanging on – looking straight down – and waiting for the track to connect will be a signature moment our fans will love. It’s a first-of-its kind for Cedar Point and we’re thrilled to bring it to our guests.”

Info page ; https://www.cedarpoint.com/new-in-2025

Youtube;

EDIT : added the other (offride) video too;

Last edited:
Although that's not the SRF location is it?
It’s unused land between Valravn and Millennium Force, apparently.

This came out of left field! The fact that we didn’t even hear a jot about this through the rumour mill before the announcement is incredibly unusual…

It looks like a brilliant coaster, and very different to anything else currently at Cedar Point (impressive given that this will be the park’s 18th(?) roller coaster)!

I feel like the main gimmick kinda conflicts with Valravn's, but this is sure to be a better overall coaster than that and it's also great to see the chain's halo park getting a modern Vekoma and thus showing an example for other parks in the US to get Vekoma thrill coasters again.

Wow, didn't see this one coming! So it looks like we might get 4(!!) new gen tilt coasters opening up in the same season next year, how exciting! I'm so excited to see Vekoma truly break through in the US side of the industry now

Nah, looks like they are just going to reroute that bend in the road to be nearer the marina

Still from the video on Marcus LeShock's tweet (different video to the one on the CP info page)

1726745166295.png

--

Also, if one more person on the internet "wittily" mentions not having this on their bingo card, I might explode. ;)

(EDIT: added a YT link to that second video in the post above)

Last edited:
Did NOT have this on my bingo card @davidm! 😉 Big surprise, and will be really interesting to see how it stacks up next to Valravn as “vertical drop” attractions.

Some other observations:
  • The footprint looks like it will require alteration to perimeter road, swinging it westward, closer to Famous Dave’s.
  • Throughput may be sus, especially if they go with a two train standard offering. Would be curious on the queue length on a more active midway.
  • If this rendering is to be believed, it also nixes the performers stage in front of Iron Dragon. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were retiring the show/performance spot, as it’s always been a little out of place/not a truly huge hit, but still interesting as it’s still only 10-12 years old of an “attraction”.
Excited overall - absolutely better than anything I was envisioning!

Yeah this is a bit of a shock. I'll take it though. Two new creds for me to look forward to, even after visiting this year. ;)

I like the tight layout. Seems to be heavy on the positive gs, especially with that cool pullout on the drop. That area was very awkward walking between Valravn and Millennium. Just a big plonk of concrete with not much going on, so I'm glad this is getting sorted out and hopefully the plaza will look nice.

I am very curious if this was indeed meant for SFM and CP was like "NO," given the lack of tease/rumors and spontaneous release. Maybe they wanted something to distract/satisfy the goons over TT2.