Cedar Point | News and Rumor Topic | New talk Page 42

Error

Strata Poster
Uncle Arly said:
Error said:
Quoting from Twitter:

KI: 1 CW: 2 CP:3

Me smelling a B&M? Or just more toying?

Am I missing something? How does this indicate a B&M?

King's Island has one B&M: Diamondback
Carowinds has two: Vortex and Afterburner
Cedar Point has only two, Raptor and Mantis. Another would make three

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Or maybe:

Kings Island, Canadas Wonderland, Cedar Point??

Nah, they wouldn't be that stupid would they?!

I hope its a Beemer. CP needs a good one. Perhaps the yellow B&M in Ohio could be comming...

I'd put money on this being called Wight Lightning aswell as the other one, if its a coaster of corse.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
CW does stand for Canada's Wonderland.

A B&M Hyper wouldn't make sense for CP. Regardless, there would already be plenty of ground work if it was, compared to CP still having done nothing but cleared land and dropped utility lines.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Who said it was a B&M Hyper? It could be any type of B&M. You guys also got the quote wrong:

KD: 1 CW: 2 CP: 3

A more plausible idea for that is KD's coaster will be the largest. CW(Carowinds) will be in the middle. CP's would be the smallest.

Even more plausible than that is KD's is getting announced first, CW's is getting announced second, and CP's will get announced last.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Cedar Point's latest Tweet said:
Definitely NOT taking the Beemer out for a spin today. Or next year for that matter.
Yay poignancy!

Error

Strata Poster
It's like they know.

They just killed every single possible idea, and now they laugh in our faces.

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
My head hurts... Really it does...

Anyways, recap.

Screamscape said:
2010 - New Attractions - Rumor - (8/16/09) Cedar Point’s Twitter account posted a few interesting items yesterday. “Harnesses? Check. Wheels? Check.” came first, which seems to indicate that whatever the ride is, it will have wheels and some kind of OTS. This was followed later by “KD: 1 CW: 2 CP: 3” which seems to indicate the order in which the announcements will happen. Kings Dominion makes an announcement on August 20th, followed by Carowinds on August 26, which means I can only guess that we’ll see Cedar Point’s announcement sometime after that… likely between September 1st and Labor Day. Then a final comment was made, “Definitely NOT taking the Beemer out for a spin today. Or next year for that matter” which seems to be a hint that it wont be a B&M coaster.

So. We have:

Wheels
Harnesses
Not a B&M
Third announcement
Mysterious water company

crystalrocklogo.gif

Its even a western themed logo. Hmm. Frontier Town? That is where the construction is... Also, if you look closely into the logo, there is SOMETHING there. Some sort of track or something it looks like. Anyone else see this?

Another thing to point out, if anyone knows anything about websites they have almost ALL their registration data hidden:
http://www.whois.net/whois/whytelightning.com

No company information whatsoever. Makes me think even more. Plus, what company goes through "Godaddy" for their host? Most companies have their own servers. Yet again, makes me think.

Moving on:

Screamscape said:
(8/12/09) Cedar Point posted a weird message today on their blog, telling everyone to check out and thank their sponsors. Over at the sponsor page everything looked to be in order, except for one link to a company no one had heard of, the Crystle Rock Bottling Company. Click on the logo and it takes you to a very interesting website domain... www.whytelightning.com. So... a fake beverage... with a name so similar to the rumored name for the Carowinds coaster. Interesting... and is it me or do I see an upside down version of the Millennium Force “wave” at the top of the bottle?

They do have a good point here. If you look closely at it, it does look like Millennium Forces logo upside down. Not sure if this has any relevance to anything or not, but Screamscape noticed it, so idk.
http://www.whytelightning.com/

Also, last thing for now, The "lightning strikes twYce" thing really adds to it.

Cedar Point is getting good at the hinting game, and its making me have a headache... lol

Error

Strata Poster
Justin said:
crystalrocklogo.gif

Its even a western themed logo. Hmm. Frontier Town? That is where the construction is... Also, if you look closely into the logo, there is SOMETHING there. Some sort of track or something it looks like. Anyone else see this?

I did a lot of fiddling in photoshop to try and see if there is anything. I can't find anything.

CMonster

Giga Poster
These Cedar Point people sure have a lot of time on their hands... when I get a job I want one that allows me to surf facebook and twitter and the local enthusiasts sites whenever I want. :p

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^^The "Something", well, I can see it as well. Look at the white/gray lines going from the "C" in "Company" to the bottom of the "Y" in "Crystal". A similar line goes from the "S" in "Crystal" to under the "K" in "Rock". These look a lot like tubular rails on a coaster track, with the middle section very blurred in the "Pan" section of "Company".

Above these, two other white/gray thingys really puzzle me. Also, there are white vertical lines all over the logo, looking like... I don't know, actually. Support structure?

Dave

CF Legend
You say they have their data hidden, because you can take it away. You can pay extra money to get your registration details hidden.

justinmyersm

Mega Poster
Error said:
Justin said:
crystalrocklogo.gif

I did a lot of fiddling in photoshop to try and see if there is anything. I can't find anything.
Well I did notice something. Not sure if I am accurate or not, but this is what I found:

CP.png

Pokemaniac said:
^^The "Something", well, I can see it as well. Look at the white/gray lines going from the "C" in "Company" to the bottom of the "Y" in "Crystal". A similar line goes from the "S" in "Crystal" to under the "K" in "Rock". These look a lot like tubular rails on a coaster track, with the middle section very blurred in the "Pan" section of "Company".

Above these, two other white/gray thingys really puzzle me. Also, there are white vertical lines all over the logo, looking like... I don't know, actually. Support structure?
That what I was thinking too.... I am so confused, but then I realized it looked like a "CP." I could very well be wrong though...

Dave said:
You say they have their data hidden, because you can take it away. You can pay extra money to get your registration details hidden.
Thats my point though. They have their data hidden. Why else would they. And as I stated before, they are using godaddy.com. A generic hosting site. No mass producing water bottling company is going to use godaddy.com.

Also, here is this:
WHYTE_LIGHTNING.png

Dave

CF Legend
Justin said:
Dave said:
Thats my point though. They have their data hidden. Why else would they. And as I stated before, they are using godaddy.com. A generic hosting site. No mass producing water bottling company is going to use godaddy.com.

To stop you snooping? Also just privacy, they can afford it being a big company.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I think you guys are reading too much in between the lines.

No, there is not a Crystal Rock Bottling Company. There is no hidden data as there is none to be had in the first place.

Yes, that is an upside down Millennium Force logo. No, we do not know why it is there.

There is nothing waiting to be discovered with these marketing ploys. Everyone just has to wait until the announcement to truly find out what the new addition is. Until then, we just wait.