Social Media Team
Closer, closer. Deeper, deeper.

BCRabWsCUAEPNyR.jpg:large

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
Ethan said:
elephant58 said:
^An inclined dive loop actually. :wink:

You mean the inversion next to Blue Streak? That's a dive loop.
Nope it's definatly an Inclined Dive Loop according to Cedar Point:
[url=http://www.cedarpoint.com/gatekeeper/the-ride:1v6adaq1]Cedar Point[/url] said:
Inclined Dive Loop – a tight, 180-degree turnaround pushes riders through an overbanked turn and rockets them back towards the station.

Ethan

Strata Poster
... So, a dive loop! To me a slight tilt doesn't mean much seeing as it's being counted as an inversion anyway.

rcjp

Roller Poster
Some of you may have noticed that many of B&M's immelmanns are also slightly angled. In fact, some of them, like x-flight's seem just as banked as gatekeeper's dive loop appears to be in the video.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Stop talking about inversion angles, before furie barges in with his diagram!

It is true, the official inversion title is an inclined dive loop. Is it still a dive loop? Yes. Everyone wins!

:beer:

bmac

Giga Poster
I'm telling you that corkscrew looks like a loop from this angle.

Stop faking me out Cedar Point!

Colossus

Giga Poster
580617_10151245154383639_632769773_n.jpg

BCXXdULCUAArBfP.jpg:large

GateKeeper fears not bad weather!! If Alton Towers was covered in snow there would be no progress happening right now.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Colossus said:
GateKeeper fears not bad weather!! If Alton Towers was covered in snow there would be no progress happening right now.

Woah, it's almost as if nobody has made that comment before! Seriously do we have to compare this and Smiler all the time?

Colossus

Giga Poster
Ethan said:
Colossus said:

Woah, it's almost as if nobody has made that comment before! Seriously do we have to compare this and Smiler all the time?

Dude, chill,
You have totally missed the point, I'm not comparing GateKeeper to anything, I'm comparing US construction to UK construction (as a joke), not actual rides, I used Alton as an example because its the best known British park, nothing to do with the sodding Smiler!!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
This will be one of the best looking park entrances ever.

Genius piece of design in my opinion. I love it. <3

Snoo

The Legend
It wont be truly epic until we see the final sexy result. When you see a train in the middle of that is when it will be the final sexfest that will be CP's new entrance. <3

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Until someone spits on you from above while scanning your pass. Sorry, no hope for humanity. Looks Snoo as hell, or sexy as hell for those missing the joke.