What's new

Cedar Point | "GateKeeper" | B&M Wingrider

bmac

Giga Poster
They could connect the track pieces in question to the keyholes, and then lift the keyholes up into their respective places.

(shot in the dark)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The keyholes I think will be supports for the track, which would mean the keyholes go up first. They have majority of the roller coaster track on site, which is presently sitting in the main parking lot, stage left of GateKeeper.

Guest Services is still standing!

Taxi

Mega Poster
People, the Keyholes ARE the supports. So of course they will go in first.

740503_10151194183301463_1902505895_o.jpg

This photo is proof of that.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Especially since the train will be going through at an odd angle through the keyhole. From my knowledge, the keyhole is just for the fly by motion and there will be supports on either side, but regardless, the keyhole will go in first.

adam

Roller Poster
Even if the keyholes weren't supports, the pic shows that its a closed loop.

I imagine maneuvering cranes around it would be easier than playing a giant game of this:

buzzwire2.jpg

(though probably much less fun...)

Ethan

Strata Poster
tomahawKSU said:
Especially since the train will be going through at an odd angle through the keyhole. From my knowledge, the keyhole is just for the fly by motion and there will be supports on either side, but regardless, the keyhole will go in first.

No. There are no other supports, the keyholes hold the track up.

iVWcM.jpg

kadabrium

Roller Poster
Ethan said:
tomahawKSU said:

No. There are no other supports, the keyholes hold the track up.

iVWcM.jpg
Wow, I never realized that the track spine is so thick that even it touches the wall flatly there is still space for the train to run.

spicy

Giga Poster
Re: Cedar Point | "Gatekeeper" | B&M Wingrider

That has to be one of the best looking elements ever. So that's going right over the entrance turnstiles?

Sneaky

Roller Poster
To those of you who still have doubt about the keyholes being the supports, here's a picture I found on PointBuzz:

Photo.ashx

As you can see in the middle and bottom-left side of the picture, that's where the track is going to be connected.

~Sneaky

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
This truck showed up early this morning...

Gatekeepercam19_zps50ebd563.jpg

...before cement trucks started to lined up...

Gatekeepercam18_zpsec02745c.jpg

...and concrete was poured for the keyhole tower foundations.

Gatekeepercam20_zpse43d1153.jpg

billybobjoebob

Mega Poster
Sneaky said:
To those of you who still have doubt about the keyholes being the supports, here's a picture I found on PointBuzz:

Photo.ashx

As you can see in the middle and bottom-left side of the picture, that's where the track is going to be connected.

~Sneaky

Ok, i'm a belieber now :--D

This is gonna look fantastic over the front gate!