What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

ASteelersMidget

Roller Poster
They would build something right after I finally visited and vowed to never return because the park is a total :emoji_poop:hole.

I did Warn you before the Trip They were heavily rumored to be getting a new large coaster in 2018/2019.

Anyway's we'll just have to see what happens. If it is a Dive Machine I just hope for an interesting custom layout.

Lofty

CF Legend
This park really isn't that bad?

Glad to see they're building something else, just another coaster to add to the cred anxiety for new visitors.

Pear

Strata Poster
Yeah the park isn't the best but it's still fun and has a good flat ride collection IMO.

Matt N

CF Legend
RCDB now has this down as a Dive Coaster, even though it's not confirmed yet. Interesting. Does anyone know if Duane has inside info or something?

Lofty

CF Legend
Nah, think he's basing his judgement from the track that's been spotted on site - the gauge is really wide and closely resembles that of Dive Machine track.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Why are we so quick to rule out the possibility of another Giga? Those have roughly the same track dimensions as Dive Machines, if I recall correctly. I mean, "build the same as last time, only bigger" has worked for them once already... :p

balrog

Mega Poster
Why are we so quick to rule out the possibility of another Giga? Those have roughly the same track dimensions as Dive Machines, if I recall correctly. I mean, "build the same as last time, only bigger" has worked for them once already... :p
Because they don't. Fury and Leviathan are standard B&M hypercoasters, with standard gauge B&M tracks.

Snoo

The Legend
This park really isn't that bad?

Glad to see they're building something else, just another coaster to add to the cred anxiety for new visitors.

To be honest, while the flat collection is pretty good, I don't come to parks to ride flats. Short of Behemoth (great) and Leviathan (great).. the park is a ****show. Its like every other Paramount park just with more crap coasters in it. I was enormously disappointed by it, more then any other I can think of in recent memory.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
To be honest, while the flat collection is pretty good, I don't come to parks to ride flats. Short of Behemoth (great) and Leviathan (great).. the park is a :emoji_poop:show. Its like every other Paramount park just with more crap coasters in it. I was enormously disappointed by it, more then any other I can think of in recent memory.

Try going to La Ronde. That's really ****.

Completely agree on the cred front. For those of us well-travelled folks who've been there, Canada's Wonderland does have a lack of good creds. Apart from Behemoth, Leviathan and Vortex the rest of the coasters are mediocre to awful. (I'm excluding Wonder Mountain's Guardian because it's good fun, but not in the league of the first 3 I've mentioned). So any new B&M is a huge improvement.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
So is this confirmed as a 2019 coaster? It doesn't seem to fit in with the timeline of other 2018 coasters although if track is on site it might not actually be that behind the likes of Valkyria and Hyperion...