What's new

Canada's Wonderland | Yukon Striker | B&M Dive Coaster

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow that looks... higher up than I expected?

I had it in my head it was going to drop much closer to the ground after the Immelmann. I suppose I hadn't really factored in the position of Vortex in comparison - I think I was expecting it to be a bit further under the zero-g.

Hutch

Strata Poster
That second dive drop looks pretty pathetic compared to the rest of the ride, at least in this picture. Zero g looks lovely though.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
The height of that valley is something I noticed when the ride was first announced. The flyover animation did not show a flattering angle of it as it parallels a portion of Vortex. Fortunately, this section of track looks much better from that photo's vantage point. I would certainly like to see some photos from the water park side of the lake though.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Everything about this project is kinda...ugly. Never thought I'd say this about a B&M.

I've talked about the colours before, they've still not grown on me, and the way they clash with that arrow suspended coaster makes me vom. The way the layout sits all sprawled out with no form or care for how it sits in the skyline and that zero-g just looks awkward and horrible. They havent even build the second immelmen but from the animation is another awkwardly shaped montrosity.

Then that long ass MCBR and the mini dive, I just can't.

It will ride fine, no doubt. But I've always considered B&Ms to be more of a spectacle, like a functional sculpture. Leviathan is a great example of beautifully laying out elements in the skyline, even behemoths succession of hills is pleasing on the eye. This thing really upsets me.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Great shot at 13 seconds into that video. Didn't realise how close the track would get to the lift hill support. Plus should make a fantastic headchopper on leaving MCBR!

EDIT: Upon re-watching the video, I realise that is not in fact a lift-hill support. Angle of video makes it look like one though. Still should be a decent headchopper though.

Last edited:

Pear

Strata Poster

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

Last edited:

Ethan

Strata Poster
The more I see this, the more I think this coaster is actually pretty ugly. It's not even the colours for me, it's the shaping etc. Neither of the two photos above please me at all.

Snoo

The Legend
The more I see this, the more I think this coaster is actually pretty ugly. It's not even the colours for me, it's the shaping etc. Neither of the two photos above please me at all.
It's reminding me of Oz'Iris.. had that same deal and while Oz has better colors, the shaping in certain elements just feel off.

Ethan

Strata Poster
It's reminding me of Oz'Iris.. had that same deal and while Oz has better colors, the shaping in certain elements just feel off.
Yeah I'm with you on that one. There's something about the straight after the loop and the weird zero-g after the tunnel that bugs me, even now! That and the brake run where a wingover should be </3

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I really want to love this ride but I don't know if I can. It does looks good from the base of Wonder Mountain, but I still can't get over how RCT the ride feels with how it traverses over Vortex and behind the rapids. And y'all already covered the straight track so I won't even bother...it's just so weird.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
So looking at the layout, the weird straight bit after the loop has to happen in order for the transition out of the second Immelman to fit. Even with the straight section, the track just before the MCBR passes very close to the loop, so that should provide a nice head/feet/arm chopper for the right side of the train. The zero g reminds me a bit of the one on Hulk.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I am with those who can't get excited by this coaster. I know the stats look promising and the interaction with neighbouring rides has been carefully taking into account in the design process but I just can't get over the ugly colour scheme. I have never been a fan of Valravn's colours either, but this one takes the cake. Besides this, the layout, although filled with inversions, is like an array of inversions and then a MCBR as an excuse to allow for 3-train operations; what bothers me is that it's like a Dive Machine trying to be a floorless coaster and not really focusing on achieving either well (I know I am judging without having been on the ride, but it's how I see it).

On a side note, I don't mind odd-shaped elements like the cobra roll on Hydra or O'Ziris. It is always interesting to predict what a difference in track shaping makes when riding.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The huge Dive Machine track that B&M do is so impressive. When you see it up close like that, you realise how damn big it is. Valravn is so imposing when you're stood near it, and this looks to be much the same.

Not sure I love the aesthetic of this coaster, but I do marvel at it.