What's new

Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Pantheon | Intamin LSM Coaster | 2022

Hutch

Strata Poster
Because all Top hats ride not half as good as they look.
Probably comes down to your expectations then.

Besides Kingda Ka's top hat (which I can't enjoy because of its smoothness, not because of the element itself), I can't think of another top hat I don't enjoy. I even love VelociCoaster's, and it's arguably the highlight of the ride when you're in the back row. And Pantheon's will probably be even better with the beyond vertical drop and terrain usage.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
This is actually a good point on top hats. Likewise, big fan, especially as the first one I rode was 400 ft. tall.

However, I did notice VelociCoasters was on the slower side - less of a negative g-force side going into the top hat, but rather a nice float airtime coming out. This, juxtaposed to Xcelerator which I rode earlier this year, which just wallops you with negative g-force as it screams through the top hat.

I chock it up to "old vs. new" top hat design - Intamin has definitely learned a few things in the ~20 years, especially on how to profile/approach a smaller top hat. I ultimately would expect Pantheon to give a similar experience, albeit I think it has a steeper drop? So yay, lots of airtime towards the back of the train.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Ironically I like the layout. I agree I dislike when a layout feels random and like they threw elements all over the place (ironically some RMC's feel this way to me, don't get me wrong doesn't take at all from the ride) but idk I like this one. It feels natural and like it a has a good flow. Only real pre-ride negative I have is do wish it was a bit longer, like at the end throw in a quick hill, maybe another twisty inverting element. But yeah super stoked and in the POV are some of the launch fins not there yet? Perhaps this is just how the ride operates, but if not and its just not fully done yet....then it may go even faster than it seems?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ironically I like the layout. I agree I dislike when a layout feels random and like they threw elements all over the place (ironically some RMC's feel this way to me, don't get me wrong doesn't take at all from the ride) but idk I like this one. It feels natural and like it a has a good flow. Only real pre-ride negative I have is do wish it was a bit longer, like at the end throw in a quick hill, maybe another twisty inverting element. But yeah super stoked and in the POV are some of the launch fins not there yet? Perhaps this is just how the ride operates, but if not and its just not fully done yet....then it may go even faster than it seems?
All the launch fins are there, the rest of the swing launch section is covered in retractable brake fins for safety reasons.

Also they wouldn't test the coaster without all of its launch fins in place, that would be dumb.

Last edited:

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
All the launch fins are there, the rest of the swing launch section is covered in retractable brake fins for safety reasons.

Also they wouldn't test the coaster without all of its launch fins in place, that would be dumb.
I wondered if the swing launch was why, and I mean yeah it would make no sense but I saw someone point it out and this is what I get for breaking my rule and listening to people on Youtube XD

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
TBH, I'd probably be more excited to ride this than Iron Gwazi, if I was given the choice. Both look fantastic, but I think this will be more 'unique'.
I'd much rather take this over the hell that Gwazi's throughput is going to be. Popular ride at the front of the park + maximum anticipation built + relatively low-ish throughput + major Quick Queue campaigns on the move = nightmare scenario. Thankfully they are giving themselves time to get both the passholders and existing kinks out of the way with soft opening/two year delay, but the red flags are there.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Interesting to note passholders get a single ride voucher during previews while ice breaker and gwazi seem to be unlimited rides between specific hours.

Barrett

Roller Poster
Interesting to note passholders get a single ride voucher during previews while ice breaker and gwazi seem to be unlimited rides between specific hours.
Since I have a 2022 BG Membership, I get to ride it this weekend correct? I am going Sunday and just want to make sure I am able to ride Pantheon. Do I just show them my membership pass and they let me on? I'm confused how this is going to work this weekend

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Since I have a 2022 BG Membership, I get to ride it this weekend correct? I am going Sunday and just want to make sure I am able to ride Pantheon. Do I just show them my membership pass and they let me on? I'm confused how this is going to work this weekend
Is your membership Platinum level? Each park seems to have been doing it differently, but in my experience they checked to see if your pass said platinum membership before allowing you to get in line for Ice Breaker. Sadly I can't offer you more than that as I don't know what BGW's specific policies will be.

Barrett

Roller Poster
Is your membership Platinum level? Each park seems to have been doing it differently, but in my experience they checked to see if your pass said platinum membership before allowing you to get in line for Ice Breaker. Sadly I can't offer you more than that as I don't know what BGW's specific policies will be.
We have the Unlimited Membership to BGW. I'm almost positive it said that all membership persons are allowed to ride Pantheon this weekend, but i wanted to make sure before I drove 45 min on Sunday... LOL

SkyrushSimp

Mega Poster
I think this ride is going to be velocicoaster level good. the only things this ride doesnt have over it is the Mozasourus roll, immelman, and maybe less airtime, but the launches look much, much better.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Me, waiting for the fallout of argument between those who have only ridden VelociCoaster and only ridden Pantheon on which one is best:

giphy.gif

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Me, waiting for the fallout of argument between those who have only ridden VelociCoaster and only ridden Pantheon on which one is best
I'm here for the superiority complex those who've ridden both will have!

Edit: Although in fairness, I am quite jealous of those people. :p

Last edited: