What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Phoenix Rising | B&M Family Invert | 2024

0rdinary-her0

Roller Poster
"Suspended" and "inverted" are interchangeable terms in the industry. Really, Arrow was the only company to utilize "suspended" specifically for their swinging model and they never had an "inverted" coaster. Blame Vekoma for coining their "suspended looping coaster" model and blurring the definition of a below-the-track coaster.

CaliAngel

Roller Poster
This looks highly underwhelming when compared to Vekoma SFCs.

Yeah, I really don't understand this decision. Although perhaps it's not another cookie cutter/clone...but the big bulky supports from B&M, a mundane layout...definitely feel like the Vekoma SFC's would be much better at using the available space, and I can speak from experience, those rides are fun! Nothing extreme but definitely perfect for the kids not ready for the big boy rides, but looking to graduate from the kiddie stuff.

I also can't imagine the Vekoma's are just as expensive, so I feel like with the Vekoma model you'd get more bang for your buck.

Last edited:

0rdinary-her0

Roller Poster
I also can't imagine the Vekoma's are just as expensive, so I feel like with the Vekoma model you'd get more bang with your buck.
I imagine they may have gotten some package with Penguin Trek, this, and/or BGT rumored family invert. At the very least, B&M leaves open capacity specifically to manufacture for United Parks where I imagine Vekoma is probably pretty backed up on future projects.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
I know Seaworld/Busch Gardens has a hard on for working with B&M but at this point why not just get a Vekoma SFC. Those seem much more fun than these and don't sound approximately 25 years old after opening.