What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Phoenix Rising | B&M Family Invert | 2024

codypet

Roller Poster
Hi everyone. Help me out here. I follow the Orlando Urban Planet and we have an attractions area blog but I'm a passholder for both SWO and BGT with a little one. I was dismayed to find out that the kids rides were wiped out and even took some photos over the fence to see if they survived. I wasn't sure, but I dug up some permit information recently that shows me not only these rides may have survived, but gives me an idea of what might be replacing it. I have a layout of what appears to be the ride building, sidewalks, and exit that I pulled. A ride attendant told me it was going to be a giga coaster, but he also told me that Kumba was going to be gone in 2025 too so I think he was just messing with me. Based on what I'm seeing in the site plan, it feels like the ride queue is small and exits into the gift/pin shop next to the former Desert Runners. There's room on either side of the building for ride supports which might be a Tigirs/Icebreaker back and forth kind of coaster maybe? Any thoughts?
Pieces of the Site Plan
I believe it's permit 875547

Edit: Moved from the general discussion topic since we now have the official announcement.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
As the linked plan shows, I do believe you're right that green will be queue, blue will be the station building, and red will be the exit path to the gift shop.
1694104018333.png

Based on the lack of a maintenance building in these plans, I am under the impression this is probably a single train ride. I could be wrong on that, but a Vekoma family boomerang or launcher like Lightning at Fuvurik could fit nicely.

Matt N

CF Legend
That sounds like it could be great fun! I am intrigued to see how B&M’s first custom family invert goes down, and how it rides compared to the Vekoma models, seeing as the only two they have currently built are near-clones of the 395m Vekoma model.

Out of interest, is it known whether the ride will run 2 trains, seeing as it has a longer layout than most of these family inverted coasters?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
is it known whether the ride will run 2 trains, seeing as it has a longer layout than most of these family inverted coasters?
There's no transfer or storage building indicated on plans, so I believe it's just one train. It's just a couple hundred feet longer, not long enough to warrant a 2nd train IMO.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
There's no transfer or storage building indicated on plans, so I believe it's just one train. It's just a couple hundred feet longer, not long enough to warrant a 2nd train IMO.
I mean, if they really wanted a second train, they could make it work. See the regular Vekoma Junior Skaters (small model): most parks purchase the version with just 1 train, yet big parks like Disney or Universal have the 2-train version, and it's an even shorter layout.

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Lmfao I love how they just straight nabbed the family overbank from the Vekoma models too. Not that Vekoma has never copied in their life, I just find it somewhat funny that B&M is doing it so hard with their family inverts.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Lmfao I love how they just straight nabbed the family overbank from the Vekoma models too. Not that Vekoma has never copied in their life, I just find it somewhat funny that B&M is doing it so hard with their family inverts.
I mean I'm not strictly saying they weren't... heavily inspired by Vekoma's model, but it's just an overbank, right? It's kinda the most extreme looking element you can plonk on one of these family inverts without inverting fully or having big drops etc.