What's new

Busch Gardens Tampa | Phoenix Rising | B&M Family Invert | 2024

ScottLann

Mega Poster
It's looking really good so far! Think those screen effects will look great in the station too :D

One question though...will this be the next B&M coaster to suffer from the rattle? 👀

IGwaziSolos

Roller Poster
Wow, that might be one of the most detailed coaster animations ever.
What is strange is that every other park coaster/ride (from what I can tell) is visible and moving in the background there but kumba. It could be to save time but its slightly worrying given the rumors and it being so unbelievably detailed (down to the road signs) but completely missing out one of the parks signature coasters.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Maybe? There has been quite a bit of speculation the Williamsburg ride would/could be swinging. Although I feel like BGT would have made mention of this by now?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
It's been incredibly unclear if it'll actually 'swing'. The initial press release, as well as the tour lead (?) from yesterday, seemingly mentioned and doubled down that it would swing. But the super-detailed rendering of the train in that recent animation, definitely do NOT show a swinging vehicle.

Until we see the actual train on the track, my bet is that it's been lost in translation; that the layout and track shaping will create the FEELING that you swing side to side.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Only one train, ew
It is rumoured that BGW's family invert will have two.

About the swinging, I think people are reading too much into it: this will swing as much as a Vekoma SFC. These models have cylinders that let the train have some lateral swing to dampen forces both on riders and the trains themselves.

Watch any SFC come into the station and park trains with their seats slightly tilted to one side. That doesn't make them swinging coasters.

InvertsAreMyJam

Roller Poster
I mean, the other 2 B&M family inverts are also single trains, and, uh, every one Vekoma has built is too? 🤷
And I mean, does this really need multiple trains? It doesn’t have a MCBR so they couldn’t have multiple trains on at one time anyways. And come on, it’s a one minute ride. They’ll probably be getting people through this thing quick.