What's new

Bobbejaanland | Fury | Gerstlauer Triple Launch Coaster

James F

Hyper Poster
I'd be annoyed if I never got to ride it forwards, backwards coasters just feel gimmicky and pointless to be honest.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I do rather like those colours. Very similar to the Tigris one.

MakoMania

Mega Poster
I think it's an awful idea. Randomising would've been better than voting, people will vote backwards all the time, it just sounds better to them.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Some do, some don't. Backwards can easily make things better and/or amazing, but the ride needs to be properly good to start with.

Some of my favourite coaster moments are backwards - Expedition everest, Th13teen, Pysch Underground, there's a weird backwards-airtime sensation I get mingled with a split second of an out-of-control feeling!... Can't put my finger on it, but basically I think backwards sections can certainly add something valid beyond being a gimmick.

Last edited:

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
From looopings.nl:
The opening date of the new launch roller coaster Fury in Bobbejaanland has been announced. The Flemish amusement park will officially open the 43-meter high interactive triple-launch coaster in just over a month. The opening will take place on Saturday 22 June.
In the meantime, some things still need to be done. Not all track is in place yet. "The launch strip has been completely installed and the top hat was installed a few weeks ago", the amusement park confirms. The Belgians remain optimistic. "There is still a lot of work ahead of us, but we are continuing to work with complete confidence. We can already be cautiously looking forward to the first test drives."
In the meantime, work is continuing in the corresponding Land of Legends theme area. The existing attractions Sledge Hammer and Typhoon were given a makeover, with various new scenery pieces. Furthermore, the station of Fury is currently being built. Visitors come face to face with a dragon.
Backwards
With a top speed of 106.6 kilometers per hour, Fury becomes the fastest roller coaster in the Benelux. Passengers are launched three times, followed by four inversions. Whether they complete the journey forwards or backwards, they determine themselves with the help of buttons in the carts.

Yoris Kerkhoff

Roller Poster
For everyone who was afraid they'd never get the chance to ride this forwards:
"Although we are extremely proud of this world first, we are also fully aware that not every visitor is excited for this extra piece of excitement", commercial director Peggy Verelst says. "For that reason we also foresee a number of hours each day during which Fury will only drive forwards."

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That wide photo of the ride and wind turbines in the background is rather good. :)

Climb

Mega Poster
I honestly really like the idea and think it's smart they've allocated certain hours that the coaster only goes forward. Offers further excitement (or dread, depending which way you look at it) and to me encourages re-rideability.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I am positive this idea of voting going backwards/forwards will be scrapped after the first season, if that. I really like how interactive and fun this sounds but decrease in guest satisfaction and ridership will probably make the park change their minds and just assign certain hours for a mode of operation (like they are suggesting but scrapping the voting thing altogether) and call it a day. I hope I am proven wrong though.