What's new

Bizarro to Change Back to Superman: Ride of Steel?

Hutch

Strata Poster
This is just a rumor, but according to Screamscape, there's a possibility that Bizarro might be changed back into Superman: Ride of Steel.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_fla ... ngland.htm

Park News - (10/14/13) During an ACE meet at Six Flags New England the other day, a few interesting items came up during a Q&A session with the park president. I’m told that he confirmed that Twister (the park’s Top Spin) will be removed from the park this winter and that another unknown ride is also on the chopping block either this year or the next. It also seems that there may have been some talk with the corporate office about changing Bizarro back into Superman: Ride of Steel at some point in the near future.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Youngster Joey said:
The Soundtrack was apparently down for a few weeks when I asked about it mid-august

Its been completely removed. I was there a few weeks ago and audio boxes arnt even attached to the trains anymore. I'm sure by opening day 2014 they'll have seats again.

Darren B

Giga Poster
I don't care so much for this particular Bizarro changing back to ROS as I think it looks visually good with either paint scheme. What they should do however is turn Bizarro at SFGAm back to Medusa, it looked so much better.

Darren B

Giga Poster
^what?

You think people are going to say "oh look it's blue and red now, I'm not going to ride it for that reason!" That's stupid!

It's a popular ride yes, but it's not popular because it's Bizarro. You could call it Roger Rabbit and it would be just as popular, and if anything rebranding it back to Superman would increase its popularity, Superman is a global name, Bizarro isn't so much unless you're an avid comic book fan.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Maybe giving it the modern Man Of Steel theme to advertise the new one coming out, though it's not out for 2 years. I don't know really, and to be honest, the ride is what makes it amazing not the theme on this coaster.

bmac

Giga Poster
Darren B said:
I don't care so much for this particular Bizarro changing back to ROS as I think it looks visually good with either paint scheme. What they should do however is turn Bizarro at SFGAm back to Medusa, it looked so much better.

I think you mean Great Adventure, and yes I would agree that Medusa looked much better. Bad thing is that the DC Comics IP will be a tugging string for Medusa whereas RoS just goes from Bizarro to Superman.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
There are already 2 rides under the name "Superman: Ride of Steel" (SFA, Darien lake just "Ride of Steel"), 3 is too many. Bizarro (SFNE) looks way better than the red/blue that it used to be. Bizarro @ SFGAdv removed its audio, but its not changing back to Medusa. Maybe Six Flags just wants to get rid of onboard audio.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
And so the story arc for one of the dumbest roller coaster conversions shall end. Good.

Call me crazy, but adding stage props and nonsensical audio is a poor gimmick, that ultimately has absolutely minimal on the overall ride experience. (Especially when the special effects begin to not work such as the audio and pyro for the Bizarros and X2)

Removing the Bizarro theme would be welcomed praise from this enthusiast.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
CoasterMac305 said:
There are already 2 rides under the name "Superman: Ride of Steel" (SFA, Darien lake just "Ride of Steel"), 3 is too many. Bizarro (SFNE) looks way better than the red/blue that it used to be. Bizarro @ SFGAdv removed its audio, but its not changing back to Medusa. Maybe Six Flags just wants to get rid of onboard audio.

To Be fair the Locals all still call "Ride of Steel" Superman...

Hyde244 said:
And so the story arc for one of the dumbest roller coaster conversions shall end. Good.

Call me crazy, but adding stage props and nonsensical audio is a poor gimmick, that ultimately has absolutely minimal on the overall ride experience. (Especially when the special effects begin to not work such as the audio and pyro for the Bizarros and X2)

Removing the Bizarro theme would be welcomed praise from this enthusiast.

+1

bmac

Giga Poster
_koppen said:
Seriously, why waste a lot money on re branding this ride??

Advertising power and gate clicks. Oh wait that was in New Jersey, not New England.

nadroJ

CF Legend
It should stay Bizarro because purple is better than red and blue. Soundtrack was totally weird though so that can go.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Good.

The hideous soundtrack and cheap cardboard cutouts really detracted from what is otherwise an absolutely amazing coaster.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Do whatever you want. I don't **** care as long as it is still the same ride. Considering the audio was already broken then the change would be so little from now. People aren't going to rush out to ride the back-to-normal Superman so just make another Six Flags decision and try to juice out the last bit of money from a ride.

BenSullivan

Roller Poster
I pick a ride based on its intensity, not the colour of the ride or the superhero its named after. The real point is- have passenger and throughput numbers decreased since the ride became Bizarro?