What's new

Bizarro to Change Back to Superman: Ride of Steel?

Darren B

Giga Poster
insanecoastervids said:
Wow this guy should earn best post of the year award.

No, dear. You've obviously got that in the bag, I always look forward to reading your posts, so informative.

As for the colour change, I'm hoping it does stay as Bizzarro for 1 more year, I must admit the purple and blue does it for me slightly more so than the red and blue, but I prefer the Superman theming... God knows.

Taxi

Mega Poster
If Six Flags has the funds for something as pointless as this, why can't they spend a few extra bucks on the quality of their parks. I will never understand this company's logic.

The one and ONLY reason why I see 6F considering this is because Superman is more popular name. Making it easier to get endorsers to slap advertisements on the trains. Would not surprise me one bit, typical Six Flags move.

I do slightly prefer the current color scheme over the older one. Just bring back the missing seats, capacity is important to us guest Six Flags.

D1993

Hyper Poster
Capacity is almost always the thing I think about most ....
So if they put those 2 seats back it would make a small, yet helpful difference.
I just rode Bizarro this past April, and I must say it was bloody brilliant!
However, there was no music and no fire of course ....... and it was still really amazing. So obviously those effects weren't really important anyways. The thing that was totally bad-ass were those s-shields. Omg, so trippy!!!
I wasn't a fan of the restraints though, it was like having a huge brick on your lap, but not the most uncomfortable thing in the world.
I would imagine that most of the locals would totally support the change, though.

It just seems like it would be a stupid waste of money for them to do the conversion to Bizarro and then back to Superman. People aren't boycotting the ride because of the cheap themed cardboard crap they slapped onto it, and it's still an amazing coaster regardless, so for the park to throw money down the drain like that when they could invest it into something more worthwhile would just be a stupid move in my opinion. I can't imagine paint on that scale is very cheap.

andrus

Giga Poster
D1993 said:
I wasn't a fan of the restraints though, it was like having a huge brick on your lap, but not the most uncomfortable thing in the world.
Agreed, the T-bars are much nicer! They could maybe retrofit such restraints instead if re-theming the coaster every 5 years :wink:

andrus

Giga Poster
^Oh I see, actaully I didn't know that! I knew of the accident but I didn't know they changed the restraints because of it. Wouldn't it just be smarter to shorten the seatbelts? I don't see how the U-bars would be any safer than the T-bars?

GeForce

Roller Poster
^I think they modified them too, all Intamin seatbelts have a consistent length nowadays. The last safety modification on Bizarro was in 2009 when the ride got equipped with the latest Intamin seatbelts.