What's new

Biggest Disappointment...

Pear

Strata Poster
The only reason I like Apollo so much is because it's so easy to get 2 click restraints on it and fly out of the seat on every hill.

You can do the same on Mako and it's so much better.

Scottingtonville

Upstop Media
Staff member
Social Media Team
Gold Striker. I have to have caught it on a bad day. It was just very mediocre, lacked a punch, lacked airtime, and had little energy. I’ve always heard such great things, some even claiming as the best GCI. I was very disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaster

Mega Poster
Baron at Efteling. After really enjoying Valkyria I was perhaps expecting too much, but the drop is too small to have the freefall effect, the helix felt awkward and the airtime hill didn't have any airtime. It doesn't flow very well either, the elements just feel shoehorned in for the sake of it.

The theme is excellent but the ride is so poor IMO.

vaugc002

Mega Poster
Baron at Efteling. After really enjoying Valkyria I was perhaps expecting too much, but the drop is too small to have the freefall effect, the helix felt awkward and the airtime hill didn't have any airtime. It doesn't flow very well either, the elements just feel shoehorned in for the sake of it.

The theme is excellent but the ride is so poor IMO.
I agree that the flow is kinda off and it's a small ride but the drop still kicked ass IMO.
Front row and third row both gave me that freefall feeling I love Dive Machines for.

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
Dragon Khan for me. It's one of those coasters that even non-coaster people know about, and being an 8-inverting B&M, I thought "what's not to like?". Sadly, for me it just felt underwhelming - a string of inconsequencial inversions only one or two of which were particularly forceful, less good theming than I'd been led to believe, a long queue and almost uncomfortable trains. It was just...*fine*, not great.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Shambala was a bit of a let-down when I rode it around this time last year. The ampersand was fab, but the airtime wasn't all that. I'll give it another chance when I next go to PortAventura in warmer months, but it wasn't as good as the hype led me to believe.

The Voyage has also let me down twice. First time I rode it in 2007 it hauled the whole way around the track, but was too rough to be truly enjoyable. Second time in 2015, the outward leg before the MCBR was glorious, then the train comes to almost a dead stop and beats the crap out you as you make the return leg.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I've been stewing this one over for a while and the only ride that's consistently remained on my mind is Cheetah Hunt. All three launches are great and BGT did an outstanding job with the plaza and hiding certain parts of the ride, concealing supports and footers, and ensuring that the coaster integrated seamlessly with the landscape around it. They marketed the ride as a Maverick fighter and although I wasn't expecting the ride to come anywhere close to Maverick's stature, one ride showed me how laughable the gap between the two rides is. It tried to do the family thing and it tried to do the thrill thing and it tried to do the ultra-themed thing and it didn't do any of those well at all. I was hoping to walk away satisfied with a decent ride yet I felt more confused than anything else.

GeaugaLakeisAlive

Roller Poster
Boss at Six Flags St. Louis
https://rcdb.com/616.htm#p=1091 looked so epic... runs so... poorly.
yBXTX3G.png

Had to take note of this interesting name Google has for it
I think this ride has such great potential, i think RMC could do wonders for Boss

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Lightning Rod. Save your hatred for me until after you hear me out, okay? I rode this coaster back in November 2016, when it was insane. I got 5 rides in one day, 3 at night; all 3 were absolute insanity as the train hauled over crazy ejector airtime and balls-to-the-wall intense transitions and turns, but my thighs were scarred with black-and-blue bruises the next morning. Then in 2017, I rode Lightning Rod again and was severely disappointed by how little of the airtime I could feel through the restraints. I pretended to like the coaster, just so enthusiasts wouldn't bash me 24/7. The last time I rode Lightning Rod was in December 2017 which was when the insane quad down ejector was replaced with decent floater, but still not nearly as wild as I'd remembered. It is in my top 20, but is my least favorite RMC behind New Texas Giant and oddly enough Twisted Cyclone.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Every B&M Floorless coaster I have ridden that isn't named Kracken (Batman (SFNE) Hydra, Rougarou and Bizarro (SFGA), found all 4 to be slow, force less and generally boring

On the thought of overhyping prior both Millenium and Steel Vengeance as both are good rides but I was expecting gods among coasters not just kings.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I agree on your statement involving floorless coasters not named Kraken. The ones I've ridden follow a common trend of lackluster intensity, but that's not to say they are not thrilling rides. From my experiences, I found Dominator to be forceless and mediocre with a bit of a rattle, Rougarou to have much of a rattle (most likely from its transformation), and Hydra is a bit better than those two because of the jojo roll but still not by much.

Last edited:

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Agreed with floorless coasters not named Kraken. I found Dominator to be forceless and mediocre with a bit of a rattle, Rougarou to have a lot of a rattle plus be forceless and even more mediocre, and Hydra is a bit better than those two but still not by much.

I like the initial roll on Hydra but after that it was just a bit meh really. Out of the 5 I've ridden I think Rougarou was the worst . Whats the giant loop like on dominator?

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I like the initial roll on Hydra but after that it was just a bit meh really. Out of the 5 I've ridden I think Rougarou was the worst . Whats the giant loop like on dominator?
From my experience, not particularly memorable. I think there was some force at the entry/exit points?

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Dominator is a beautiful ride, and the giant loop is a joy, what's wrong with y'all? Seriously, it's my favourite floorless. I know it's perhaps not as intense as some of the others, but I found it super-smooth, floaty, a lovely flow to the elements and it has a great roar. Could've ridden it all day long. It's just a lovely, lovely coaster.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Dominator is a beautiful ride, and the giant loop is a joy, what's wrong with y'all? Seriously, it's my favourite floorless. I know it's perhaps not as intense as some of the others, but I found it super-smooth, floaty, a lovely flow to the elements and it has a great roar. Could've ridden it all day long. It's just a lovely, lovely coaster.
I'd be inclined to agree for favourite floorless. I like the overbank after the huge loop, the cobra roll and the second half, but do wish the run up to the MCBR had a bit more life. A quality B&M. :)

sirloin

Roller Poster
Dominator not as intense as other floorlesses? I've found Dominator to top the charts for intensity with that style. I felt like the turns that replaced the otherwise standard inversions made it far punchier than its counterparts.