What's new

"Big Mack and Fries" - Thorpe Park, 29th September 2024

[mention]Mysterious Sue [/mention]and I will be there but will probably arrive a little late - we are heading to Legoland for opening to get the new cred there!

Last edited:
Oops double post.

On Monday I was in hospital with an infected splinter on the bottom of my foot. It's all swollen and sore (and gross tbh!) Been on lots of meds, but it hasn't got much better yet. I'll still be there to run the meet but I will be limping and hobbling, just so you all know.

Oops double post.

On Monday I was in hospital with an infected splinter on the bottom of my foot. It's all swollen and sore (and gross tbh!) Been on lots of meds, but it hasn't got much better yet. I'll still be there to run the meet but I will be limping and hobbling, just so you all know.
That sucks, I hope the pain doesn't cause you too much trouble tomorrow! Just to let you know, my +1 had to cancel so I'll be by myself.

Oops double post.

Is it too late to get a ride access pass?

Just noticed the meet-up time. Seeing as I’m picking Chris up at 09:15, no chance of making it on time!

Will message somebody when we’re in and wait by the exit of whatever ride you’re on :)

Not gonna make it guys, so sorry. Had it booked off work, had the prebook, had even talked Will into coming along... But we've had a member of staff call in yesterday and today, if they call in tomorrow too, that'd mean 3 people off on the busiest day... As a small team, I'd be leaving them squarely in the poopoo basically.

I was really looking forward to this, and absolutely wanted to show my support for lives, as I'm a massive believer in the importance of them. Now I feel like a huge let down, and part of the problem, but life really does just get in the way sometimes, sorry.

Hope everyone has a blast.

Gutted... :(

That sucks, I hope the pain doesn't cause you too much trouble tomorrow! Just to let you know, my +1 had to cancel so I'll be by myself.

Seconded, hope you'll be OK Serena!

I'll be on my own too Lumberjack.

Would anyone be willing to connect with a newbie via WhatsApp or whatever in case I get delayed and can't find the group?

I'm omw but might be at the meeting point more like 9 40! Could one of you send me your WhatsApp so I can meet you if you've already gone in?

I’m also contactable - 07787 573565 - if needed. Bear in mind I won’t be there until 10:30-ish

Hope you're all having a blast...

She hadn't called in by the 11am deadline, and indeed turned up for work at 12!!! 😭😭😭🤬

(For the record, she's a really good girl, never lets us down, and is an excellent employee in all regards. Not in the slightest bit annoyed at her, just at the situation / timing.)

Hope somebody there is balancing things out already, but just in case... "The area doesn't look too bad, better than most hypers" "You don't feel short changed by the ride's length, because every element hits" 🤣🤣🤣

Hope somebody there is balancing things out already, but just in case... "The area doesn't look too bad, better than most hypers" "You don't feel short changed by the ride's length, because every element hits" 🤣🤣🤣
They really should just have got a nice reliable B&M, but that would have meant putting their hands in their pockets ;)

I quite enjoyed my lie in and tonight we're having curry.

In all seriousness though, I do hope this is a success and I'll see you lot sooner rather than later :)

Yes, massive thanks to Serena for organising, and to everyone who attended for making it a top day.

Some highlights:
-CF taking over a whole Hyperia train in the morning
-The faffle being excellent as always
-Winning the Thorpe quiz (who else? ;) ) - I'll treasure the Mack and B&M brochures!
-Theme park Pictionary

And again, the amount of effort Serena put beforehand into making the day as fun as possible is amazing. Writing the quiz. Writing the Heads Up Creds sticky notes. General organisation. Sweets. Name sticky tags. It's all just fab.

Can't wait for the next Live. Whenever and wherever it ends up being, I'll be doing everything I can to attend!