What's new

Best coasters you don't want to ride that much? (not ridden yet)

Matt N

CF Legend
Ah I see
Magnum is a divisive one. I kind of love it, many don't. I can get why. Just remember tight belt looser restraint.
TTD is a funny one, the ride is pretty great, BUT if ya do it once I never really had the urge again. Esp with how often its down, I just keep a casual eye on it and if I happen to be by when the wait is very short Ill hop on. If you haven't though dang its an experience.

I am with an above comment, if something looks good I have the want. I will say after riding 4 RMCs and SV I do have less urgency with others. I wanna do em all but (I got killed for this before) many do provide similar elements and general experiences. I wont say do a few ya done em all but it does kind of seem that way?

So I guess that's my answer, many of the RMC's (Goliath, Iron Rattler, Joker, NTG, Twisted Collosus) are clearly good rides that I don't have any strong urge to ride. If given the chance I will ofc and I will get some this year but yeah I no longer prioritize em. Exception being Lightning Rod. That thing I need to finally do this year
As you said, I obviously want to ride every coaster some day; some just appeal to me more than others! For example, I want to ride an RMC or another B&M hyper far more than I want to ride another Vekoma SLC, but the desire to ride is there for every coaster in the world!

exodus

Roller Poster
Not entirely germane to the topic, as I’m sure nobody ever rated it very highly, but when I visited King’s Island for the first time in August it was a no-brainer for me to skip the Firehawk credit. Had a fast pass and a phenomenal day, but I wasn’t about to waste even five minutes on another one of those after Nighthawk nearly ruined my trip to Carowinds earlier in the year. Of course, when it closed soon after my visit I felt some twinge of regret, but now it just makes me laugh because if I could turn back time I’d still skip it.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
El Toro and T-Express. Balder and Colossus are no where near as amazing as people say they are. Quite simply hearsay.

tumblr_ot4e3jYxlx1vrpazoo2_500.jpg

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Gotta say, the need to ride Lightning Rod is becoming less and less urgent these days. Not so long ago, Dollywood was at the very top of my 'parks to visit' list, and LR was at the very top of my 'coasters to ride' list. But before I got round to sorting it, Steel Vengeance popped up and suddenly Cedar Point became the number 1 priority.
Since then we've had all the problems and downtime, the launch being trimmed a bit, stories of potholes in the track etc... and now I'm like, meh, I've missed it. Shoulda struck while the iron was hot. Still wanna go to Dollywood, but now I'm thinking I may as well wait until the next big coaster investment comes along.
So yeah. Lightning Rod.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Gotta say, the need to ride Lightning Rod is becoming less and less urgent these days. Not so long ago, Dollywood was at the very top of my 'parks to visit' list, and LR was at the very top of my 'coasters to ride' list. But before I got round to sorting it, Steel Vengeance popped up and suddenly Cedar Point became the number 1 priority.
Since then we've had all the problems and downtime, the launch being trimmed a bit, stories of potholes in the track etc... and now I'm like, meh, I've missed it. Shoulda struck while the iron was hot. Still wanna go to Dollywood, but now I'm thinking I may as well wait until the next big coaster investment comes along.
So yeah. Lightning Rod.
I mean, the ride is still incredible, and the pothole everyone mentions is relative to the rest of the ride. Compared to other typical woodies, the pothole is actually pretty average, but with the rest of LR being really smooth it's just more glaring.

With the downtime, they seem to have made it more reliable since they ripped out the front of the train (which also probably makes the front seat more absurd). And the quad down is probably the best series of elements I've ever experienced. That element alone should be on everyone's bucket list.

Makes sense to wait for their next installment though. I imagine we're a couple years away before they reveal that hyper.