What's new

Best coaster under 100ft?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Well I don't think it can be much higher than about 30-40ft from the ground at any point, but the drop is 115ft. So I wouldn't count this as a coaster under 100ft.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Talking about woodies...here's a few of the best...

Mammut, Erlebnispark Tripsdrill - 100ft
Apocalypse the ride / Terminator, SFMM - 95ft
Renegade, Valleyfair! - 96ft 6
Tonnerre de Zeus, Parc Astérix - 98ft
Lighting racer, Hersheypark - 91ft 7
Rebel Yell, Kings dominion- 85ft
Raven, Holiday World - 80ft
Ravine Flyer ii, Waldameer - 80ft
Joris en de Draak,Efteling - 72ft 5
Zippin Pippin,Bay Beach Amusement Park - 70ft
Twister,Gröna Lund - 50ft

Small...but incredibly thrilling!

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Of course size doesn't matter!
We are a little more intelligent here at CF, don't wanna be like the masses where if its not 400 feet, 100 mph and 12 inversions it's crap :p

A lot of woodies are under 100 feet and sub 50 mph and they are great!

Hyrda's drop is 105 feet sooo it really exceeds that height, but a very fun ride for a small one.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It isn't the size/length that matters, its the layout and rider experience.

Ravine Flyer II would be my #1, however its drop is at 115', so take that however you will.

Thunderhead (100'5"), Maverick (105'), and Apocalypse (95') are also in my top ten, all very close or under the height mark, and give absolutely remarkable rides compared to their much larger/longer counterparts.

Jer

Strata Poster
Honestly, the only ride that comes to mind is Phoenix which is only 72' tall, and gives an amazing ride every time.

But if you want to count this kind of Height, Boulder Dash doesn't get more than 100ft above the ground either, despite having a long drop.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Along the same lines of Maverick, you could reasonably make an argument for any Batman-The Ride clone (actually 105') as one of the better rides that's around 100 feet tall.

Thunderhead is my personal highest-rated coaster that actually fits within this category, with a drop of exactly 100 ft.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
Cyclone at Coney Island anyone?? I've never had the chance to ride it, but it is one of the most famous and iconic coasters in the world.

As for myself my favorite ride under 100ft. would probably be Hydra. Also to add on to this, best ride under 50ft. for me would be the Back Lot Stunt Coaster at Kings Dominion.

gopats1479

Mega Poster
I would have to say either American Thunder/Evel Knievel or Cornball Express. If Batman was under 100 it would be the best. I'm surprised that (to my knowledge) nobody has said anything about Pandemonium. It's not half as fast as most of the coasters mentioned, but it's just pure fun IMO.

Bunny5252

Roller Poster
I seriously have to say Spongebob Squarepants Rock Bottom Plunge at Nickolodeon Universe.
This is a pretty good picture:

nicku_sb.jpg

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Jer said:
Honestly, the only ride that comes to mind is Phoenix which is only 72' tall, and gives an amazing ride every time.

But if you want to count this kind of Height, Boulder Dash doesn't get more than 100ft above the ground either, despite having a long drop.

Now that is clever.

Vortex at Canada's Wonderland and Jack Rabbit(Both) get added to my list of Phoenix and Leap the Dips