What's new

Best coaster under 100ft?

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^^I guess so, I'll make an exception...it's bang on 100ft, so perhaps it only just counts...

I'd probably say nemesis, simpily because it's awesome in many ways, including forces. Sticking to AT though, Oblivion's actually under 100ft too.

Hydra-the revenge would probably be my second choice, I haven't been on it but I adore B&M floorless coasters !(see my sig) :--D

Keep posting :--D

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
yea but Oblivion is just a weak version of Skerkia and Griffon. Unfortunately they are over 100ft, so i can't nominate them. What other Eurofighters are under 100ft?

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Skeikra is 20ft taller, 2mph faster, roughly 2000' feet longer, and has an Immelman Loop. Therefore Oblivion is the weaker coaster.

EDIT: Griffon is even better based on stats. 25ft taller, 3mph faster, roughly 2000 feet longer, and has pulls of 2 Immelman Loops.

Now I can't say from personal experience but they look to be better than the one drop Oblivion.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^But that's the problem. They're not better. Well, I've only done Sheikra, but Oblivion builds up the tension way more and it feels like a more intense ride. On paper the bigger models may be better, but go ride Oblivion and see how much difference the whole theme makes.

Sheikra was great, but it was just 'another-big-american-B&M' for me, Oblivion is something special.

Ben

CF Legend
Venom2053 said:
Now I can't say from personal experience

Ohhh, so one of us has been on all the coasters in question, and one hasn't.

I wonder which opinion holds most weight...?

Don't call something a weaker version of something else if you haven't been on it and clearly have no idea what it's like as a coaster.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Venom2053 said:
Skeikra is 20ft taller, 2mph faster, roughly 2000' feet longer, and has an Immelman Loop. Therefore Oblivion is the weaker coaster.

EDIT: Griffon is even better based on stats. 25ft taller, 3mph faster, roughly 2000 feet longer, and has pulls of 2 Immelman Loops.

Now I can't say from personal experience but they look to be better than the one drop Oblivion.
So by stats, Millennium force is better than Bizarro because it's 100ft taller, about 20 mph faster and 1000' longer? Stats don't prove a better coaster sadly. :roll:

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
I was mainly pointing to the fact that it has an Immelmann Loop and isn't just a drop. I can see how Oblivion would have better theming than Skeikra, but it is still just one drop. Unfortunately my opinion on this ride will not change until i have ridden and Alton towers is defiantly on my to do list. I just feel that B&M upgraded on their newer Dive Machines.

Intricks

Strata Poster
^ No....just no....even from visual standpoint alone, Oblivion has the better drop and effect that Griffin and Sheikra lack. A drop into darkness freaks me out more so than a drop into clear skies.

On topic, Sky Rocket, High Speed Thrill Coaster, RFII, Phoenix and Thunderbolt for me. All of them are loved immensely by me <3

Switching between the hideouts'...

valleyfair!

Hyper Poster
Nemesis is the only one under 100ft high up in my count so that for sure. As I go down the list Hydra is in there and then a bit of a drop down to Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, so not as impressive of a list as I would have expected in there I guess.

s15c

Mega Poster
Hydra is worth riding just so you can point out to your friends that the little flippy thing at the start is called a Jojo Roll.

DDF14

Mega Poster
What about Euro-Star at Gorkys Park Moscow and a former German Fair showpiece.
(Possible Trip report coming soon) Travelling Inverted coaster 4 inversions and a nice tight footprint..
At 99ft it just gets in there.

Also Olympia Looping has a first drop of 99ft although the structure stands at 110ft worth a shout if you take away the olympic rings on top ... :thumbleft:

Darkrider

Roller Poster
Grand National Blackpool. Must have ridden it hundreds of times! Love the ejector airtime!
Wild Mouse is a close second.
We need more woodies in GB!!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Saying Oblivion is cheating in a "PMBO is 235feet tall above sea level" way. It's a 180 foot (or whatever it is) coaster buried in a hole It's like Saying Nemesis is the best coaster under 10 feet because it never goes more than ten feet above the actual ground level.

Ben

CF Legend
^Nemesis is the same then, because the difference between highest and lowest point is 104ft, as someone already correctly said.

No, I'm not going to look back and see who said it, so don't bother quoting this and going "OMG THAT WAS ME" as if that makes you cool.

nealbie

CF Legend
^ What he said.

And I know Ben disagrees with me, but: Zeus! <3

We're going next year right bbz? Yeah you hate the place, but there's a CRED ;)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
A reasonable vote goes to Maverick, which is only 5 ft. over the 100 ft. mark.