What's new

Best Coaster Turns/Turnarounds

andrus

Giga Poster
Exactly what is so good about Shambhala's turnaround? Sure it is a very aesthetic element from the ground, but tbh I was a little bit dissapointed with how it rides. It's rather forceless, and I much prefer the hammerhead turnarounds! :)

Lofty

CF Legend
oriolat2 said:
Shambhala. 'Nuff said. :)
I can't quote this more. The Ampershand is amazing.

Gotta mention loving. Hollywood Rip Ride two main Rockit's turnaround's.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
andrus said:
Exactly what is so good about Shambhala's turnaround? Sure it is a very aesthetic element from the ground, but tbh I was a little bit dissapointed with how it rides. It's rather forceless, and I much prefer the hammerhead turnarounds! :)
It's great the way it twists around itself. Whilst riding it creates a headchopper and brings riders really close to the supports. I think it's fab.

njn63

Mega Poster
Edward M said:
For me, Millennium Force's overbanked turn.
This is probably the top for me as well.

The banked drop/turn off the cliff on Iron Rattler comes to mind as well but it's a distant second:
857004_494792047224587_848246493_o.jpg

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
Another vote for Shambhala's "ampersand". It looks gorgeous, and there are some forceful moments as the trains exit the element <3

lachlan

Mega Poster
Defiantly second the Shamhala and Nemesis turnaroudns - but TBH every single element on Nemesis is amazing in both placement and intensity.

One nobody has mentioned is the turn-around on Goliath at Six Flags Great America - looks great - especially on a WOODEN coaster :--D

Attachments

• Goliath_Great_America_Layout_Animated.jpg
    Goliath_Great_America_Layout_Animated.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 39

gopats1479

Mega Poster
Either Xcelerator's top hat or any inverted cobra roll.

Oh, and any one of the rising/diving turns on The Boss. Of course.