What's new

Ben Ten Alien Thing - Junior Boomerang, DMP

Lofty

CF Legend
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B85PwqLlTdg[/youtube]

It actually looks like quite a bit of fun!

jokerman

Giga Poster
The backwards section looks too slow. It still looks fun overall, but I'm not going to go running back to Drayton for it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
So unless you're sitting in the front two/three cars, you won't experience the wobbly bit of track?

It looks like fun and it's a new coaster type to try out, so I'm looking forward to riding it.

Out of interest, are there any other boomerang coasters with helices? All the boomeranges that I've been on have cobra rolls, so I'm hoping this may be a more enjoybale experience.

Casio

Mega Poster
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but First Drop says that they plan on adding a couple of meters to the lift to give it a bit more energy. If that is done then I reckon it'll be a really fun family coaster.

Lofty

CF Legend
Ian said:
So unless you're sitting in the front two/three cars, you won't experience the wobbly bit of track?

It looks like fun and it's a new coaster type to try out, so I'm looking forward to riding it.

Out of interest, are there any other boomerang coasters with helices? All the boomeranges that I've been on have cobra rolls, so I'm hoping this may be a more enjoybale experience.

From what I can see and what I've looked at, this seems to be the first of it's kind, with an overbank/helix.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, it's the first "Boomerang" with a helix, although Expedition Everest does have a helix during it's backwards SECTION, it's not the same thing.

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Twist and Pulse to open Ben 10: Ultimate Mission rollercoaster at
Drayton Manor Theme Park
Drayton Manor Theme Park is proud to announce that Twist and Pulse, the sensational street dance duo, will officially open its newest ride, Ben 10: Ultimate Mission, on Thursday 21st April, at a special preview event.

Since coming runners up in ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent 2010, Twist and Pulse, whose real names are Ashley Glazebrook (20) and Glen Murphy (20), have wowed audiences throughout the UK with their stunning Streetomedy dancing.

Twist and Pulse will unveil the Ben 10 roller coaster at 11am before strapping themselves into the ride. The coaster will launch the guys forwards on their first tour of the 180m track, hitting speeds of 55kph and a g-force of 3, before returning travelling backwards along the same route. Right after the launch they will be performing the dance act that shot them to fame on Britain’s Got Talent. The pair will then give another thrilling performance at 1pm.

Ben 10: Ultimate Mission is based on the Ben 10 TV series, produced by Cartoon Network. The exciting roller coaster, which is the first of its kind in Europe,

The ride will be part of a fantastic Cartoon Network Street that will feature an exclusively themed Cartoon Network shop, showcasing an exciting range of Cartoon Network games and toys and allowing riders to view video footage and images of their adventure on the roller coaster ride.

There will also be a Cartoon Network diner, thematically decorated both inside and out, that will serve a variety of sandwiches, salads and children’s meals and will play a selection of Cartoon Network cartoons on flat screens around the diner.

Colin Bryan, managing director of Drayton Manor, near Tamworth, Staffordshire, said: “We’re incredibly excited to have Twist and Pulse unveil Ben 10: Ultimate Mission. They have wide spread appeal and recognition amongst young and old, as does Drayton Manor Theme Park. I may even have to show them some of my dance moves!

“Ben 10: Ultimate Mission will be an amazing addition to the park and I have no doubt that it will be extremely popular with our visitors.”

To book tickets, or for more information about the park, visit www.draytonmanor.co.uk or call 0844 472 1960. Reduced prices are available for tickets bought in advance. For regular updates and news about Drayton Manor Theme Park join us on Twitter www.twitter.com/Draytonmanor and Facebook www.facebook.com/Draytonmanor.

Note

Thursday 21st is press day - the ride is not open to public
Friday 22nd - competition winners day - again not open to public
Saturday 23rd - open to public

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
G-force said:
Since coming runners up in ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent 2010, Twist and Pulse, whose real names are Ashley Glazebrook (20) and Glen Murphy (20), have wowed audiences throughout the UK with their stunning Streetomedy dancing.
They haven't "wowed" me because I don't know who they are.

It's probably a good move from DMP to get somebody from a popular TV program to open the ride, but I have no idea who they are, despite reading tabloid newspapers.

This a landmark coaster; the first boomerang with a helix in the UK, second in the world. It's a Cartoon Network tie-in, too. Wasn't Melissa Joan Hart avaliable?

Lofty

CF Legend
I'd love to go that day, just to see the fit one out the pair. Anyway, I like how they're doing a "Big Event" to open the coaster. THe "180 Metres" made me LOL too, they make it sound likes it's miles!

SAW_gameover

Mega Poster
Meh. Gotta admit, I'm a little dissapointed with it, based on that video. The whole wobbly bit seems way too slow/the full car should get onto it, and the backwards section looks equally as slow.

Pretty good addition as a kiddie coaster, which it obviously is, but I personally hoped for a little more. Still, I'll reserve full judgement until I've ridden it :)

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've been reading the press release again. It says that it pulls 3g. Where in the circuit would it pull that? On thedrop or through the helix?

A

Anonymous

Through the first turn after the station or the pull up between the lift and station in the back...

Lofty

CF Legend
My guess would be the helix straight after the station, it seems to go pretty quick through that area.