What's new

B&M Vest Restraints vs the original ones

which is better: B&M Vest Restraints or The original ones?

• Total voters

Thecoasterrus

Mega Poster
I have a preference to the old OTSR, but I don't mind either tbh

As for vest restraints, it depends on the model, obviously they suit Wing and Flying coasters, but I don't have a problem with seeing them on sit-downs or even Inverts, but putting them on dive machines is a cardinal sin.

Last edited:
I wonder what the general public think? I know my wife who's not an enthusiast prefers vest restraints as she's the only other person in my office who I know has experienced.

Archie

Mega Poster
I wonder what the general public think? I know my wife who's not an enthusiast prefers vest restraints as she's the only other person in my office who I know has experienced.
that's a good point, to most people who aren't in the know. vests are probably considered safer than the OG OTSR because of their design and by the way they look they appear more modern and therefor more advanced therefor safer. and I know a lot of the public find them more comfortable. just my opinion but I don't know.
I'm sure to most this looks more secure than this

1643155179202.png1643155237324.png
both photos from the Bolliger and Mabillard website

Last edited:

rich210uk

Mega Poster
OG OTSR for me! I dont really have a problem with the vests as such, the problem is the when they get tighter and tighter. Swarm leaves me gasping for air coming into the station. Banshee was awful, although I dont remember the vests locking on that one. Mainly because I could only brave 1 go on it as I tried to recover from the worse B&M experience ever, the vests didnt help though. I prefer leaving the OTSR a bit "Loose", just a click or two, to leave a bit of space to feel the airtime and have a bit of freedom.