What's new

B&M Invert (BIG Project - UC)

A

Anonymous

I have been working on a B&M invert for little less then a week now, which is a mostly inspired by Pyrenees. Now I have gotten into a bit of a designers block since I can't really get a good idea on how to connect the MCBR with the station area in a great way and not as dull as the second half of Pyrenees.

Anyway here are some pictures of it so far.

p2_01.jpg

p2_02.jpg

p2_03.jpg

Deano

Mega Poster
It looks good so far. Maybe after the MCBR you could have some interlocking corkscrews like on Nemesis Inferno going around/over a lake/stream or somthing.

A

Anonymous

^ That would be an idea, but I have no idea on where to place them, or how to connect them up with the rest.

layout.jpg

MCBR on the left.

I'm trying to keep the area under the zero-g clear and I want the finishing of the ride to tight around the area where the rest of the track is, to keep it very slim.

Deano

Mega Poster
Interlocking zero-g rolls?

Or somthing like this:
Layout.png

As you can clearly see by my spectacular drawing skills, you could have the interlocking corks next to the zero g and it'd look awesome seeing 3 inversions together if pulled off. The green bit is going up (or down depending on what the track and station height is etc...) to the brake run and then ending. Although, that would be a very short second section. Oh yea, and the big blue bit is a lake and the brown blobs are rocks and the green blobs are trees. :) Just an idea...

A

Anonymous

Seeing that the MCBR is lower then the zero-g then it won't work :)
I have been thinking to add a airtime hill next to it though.

I think i have a plan that will work very well now, I will upload a rough overview soon.

layout1.jpg

Something like this, I will change it slightly, but thanks for the idea of having the corkscrews interlock, then with a bit of Scylla and Charybdis (hi Richard!! :--D ) in the mix then it will be awesome.

Deano

Mega Poster
Ah, thats very good although the helix after the MCBR seems to be not very round. :lol:

A

Anonymous

^ Is this better?

p2_3.jpg

<3

I now got 1400+ meters in length :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks really good. I still haven't ridden it yet even though the file is sitting there in my folders. :p
I'll probably wait until it's completely done anyway as I'm about to leave for a week and I bet the finished thing will be awesome. :D

Xpress

Strata Poster
Wel wel well then. I had better finish up my invert, and upload it same as your so we can see who has the better hand :p

Still looking great as usual loefet. You're a fricken genius when it comes to layouts.

Deano

Mega Poster
It looks very good, it's so, smooth and lush looking. It's cool how the trains pass very near to each other.

A

Anonymous

^ Unfortunately due to change in timings so that the coaster don't stack, then they don't do that anymore. :(

I have finished it to a point where I need someone to test it for me, hit me up on MSN...

A

Anonymous

^ The stacking isn't really that bad, but it would also mean that there will be a long time between some of the trains (which also can happen in real life) but I wanted the spacing to be equal.

A

Anonymous

I will redo the ending, since parts of it isn't as flowing as I like (because I was lazy and only had "circles" from 1 view), it will have a slightly different layout, but it will be better then it is at the moment.
And thanks to Deano I decided to reedit the Cobra Roll as well since it's a bit square at the moment.

EDIT:
I have started to do the rework and I created a new object to make the construction easier, It's to make the side view of a helix more accurate, since I have been eyeballing the transitions in the past.
Also this time I will work on it in sections as I usually do, instead of doing the whole part all at once as I did with the last take.

Xpress

Strata Poster
^New object? Post!

loefet said:
I have finished it to a point where I need someone to test it for me, hit me up on MSN...
I would, but you're never on/talk to me :|

A

Anonymous

I won't post the new object yet, since it's still in development.

Now I can finally begin to build on my B&M again, since almost everything i "have" to do is done :)

A

Anonymous

Fixed the Cobra today, feels and looks a lot better now.
p2_04.jpg

Now to redo the last part...