What's new

B&M Invert (BIG Project - UC)

A

Anonymous

^ What??

It's very similar to the newer B&M inverted cobra rolls, where the twisting starts before the top of the half-loop, and not at the top as the older ones.

A

Anonymous

p2_05.jpg

Drop of the MCBR, I really like this section...

A

Anonymous

The top's are a bit "snappy" on the cobra, I have tried to emulate the newer invert's with them, by images/videos.

I'm really pleased on how good the helix turned out, the lateral forces just fell into place after some tweaking, and the vertical ones are awesome, 4.8 to 3 to 2.5 to 3 g's.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I like the helix. How do the lateral forces check? Some spots look a bit iffy on the banking, especially at the end.

What comes next?

A

Anonymous

^ The laterals only go up to 0.3 (on a few spots) on that whole section, it mostly stays around 0-0.1, I have more lateral forces on some other elements.

Next is the airtime hill, with floaty airtime galore, then I was thinking of replacing one of the corkscrew's with an Immelmann jr, but I decided to stay with a corkscrew since it wraps around the track so nicely. Maybe the second one will get replaced, it all depends on the speed I have left...

bob_3_

Giga Poster
You're so quick with designing!! It takes me ages to get summin going. I'm excited for this though, I love your rides.

A

Anonymous

^ It's just the way I build, I concentrate on one section at a time, and finish it of 98-100% before I move on to the next. And the shaping objects are a life-saver to speed up construction.

p2_06.jpg

Just the basic shape done, I will now tweak the banking's to get it perfect.

A

Anonymous

^ Let's just say that you have to have Faith...
And no, no christian mumbo jumbo...

I'm may be going for a Jr Immelmann as a finale since it have to be dug down pretty deep...

A

Anonymous

Finished of the layout just now.

p2_07.jpg

Added a couple of pre-fab supports to see if the colour looks OK, which I have to say that it does.

A

Anonymous

^^ I just noticed that I choose the same colours like them on Krypton Coaster, but I might change the grey back to white later on, depending on how the theming looks with the track, I might also go multi-colour with the supports...

I had to make the last helix larger since it was pulling 6g's during initial testing, now it "only" does 4.8 :lol:

^ Not patriot 2, more like Pyrenees with a better ending.

Request:
I need some help converting this one to a 3d object with the full version of the construction kit, since the one the old terraformer do isn't detailed enough, catch me on MSN for more details...