What's new

Are swans sinister?

Are swans sinister?

• Yes, they are really creepy and sinsiter.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they are lovely creatures.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Aye, they show a more striking similarity.

Both would be good on the dinner plate, though.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Has anybody noticed that the swans in the images I posted are all looking slightly to the right?

Can anybody find an image of a swan looking to the left to put my mind at rest?

Harvey

Hyper Poster
The monarchy only retains the ownership rights to unmarked Swans on the Thames and its tributaries, not all, so come up't North and tuck in! :D

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yes, thanks. That's that theory out the window then.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
No, not at all, the throught of getting up early and catching a bus to work has though. But at least I get to see a swan or two when I walk from the bus stop past the river to work. So all is not lost.

UC LIKE I SAID, WE DON'T HAVE WHITE GEESE OR DARK SWANS HERE, so therefore he obviously did not get confused considering he was hunting in the area. And the fact that the white goose doesn't have that defining black mark makes it clear it is not a swan.

Fighting about swans, God what a life I have :p .

Ben

CF Legend
They're blates different...

And swans are the scariest animals ever. Seriously. Tarantulas, spiders, snakes, I'd really, really rather come across one than a SWAN. Ugh. They scare the crap out of me. Actually, ostriches are scarier, but, a bit less common around here, thankfully! I still get flashbacks to being chased by an ostrich at Drayton in like, 06 >.<

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
Swans are really quite harmless, as long as your canoe paddle is longer than their neck. Just tap them on the beak and they fly away pretty quickly, without breaking your arm or anything.

I don't know where swans have got such a bad reputation from either, OK so they have a hissing fit every now again, and will defend their young (like 99% of the animal kingdom) but they really aren't sinister, wouldn't mind tasting one though.

Tom

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
Has anybody noticed that the swans in the images I posted are all looking slightly to the right?

Can anybody find an image of a swan looking to the left to put my mind at rest?

Interesting...
Just because I felt a need to post this (and I had to revise latin today), technically only left-looking swans are sinister because in latin, the word for left is actually 'sinister'.

How's that for logic?

Nic

Strata Poster
Haha, this topic is genius!

Swans are ****ing evil. Got chased for a mile down the river Wye by one once. That wasn't fun, and I've hated the bastards ever since! Grrr! Definately evil.

Sara

Roller Poster
I got chased by a Swan as a child so think they're fairly evil. However I think Canadian Geese are MORE evil than Swans. Canadian Geese actively hunt you down when you've done nothing whatsoever to them. Swans generally leave you alone unless you have food or have somehow upset them with your presence.