What's new

American Dream | New Jersey USA | Mega Mall/Nickelodeon Theme Park

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Yeah, the pipe is still visible in the artwork posted on the last page. Just in front of the blue Intamin, you can see it turning from green to pink. You can also see the chance coaster, the orange track going all around the park. So that's *five* coasters? I'm still gonna guess there will be a proper kid coaster too.... I hope they make their spring opening, I'll be in the area in June, if they miss that I'll have to wait until December.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Yeah, the pipe is still visible in the artwork posted on the last page. Just in front of the blue Intamin, you can see it turning from green to pink. You can also see the chance coaster, the orange track going all around the park. So that's *five* coasters? I'm still gonna guess there will be a proper kid coaster too.... I hope they make their spring opening, I'll be in the area in June, if they miss that I'll have to wait until December.
I don't believe there will be another coaster.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster
I drove by American Dream on Saturday evening and it was so cool seeing the roller coasters from the Turnpike. The area for the drop tower looks pretty tall too. I couldn't get any pics since I was driving. Sorry! I can't wait for this to open!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Now we're talking! That's huge - I want it.

Matt N

CF Legend
I just had a thought; this park seems to have a very similar ride lineup to Nickelodeon Universe in Minnesota, and is operated by the same company, so could we see some of the rides have similar names to their equivalents in Minnesota? Not all of them, of course, but some I'm thinking of include:
  • The Chance family coaster being named Pepsi Orange Streak or similar, like the Zierer Tivoli in Minnesota. But probably without the Pepsi at the start. The trains at IAAPA being orange and green would seem to make that match up, as well.
  • The Intamin Surfrider being named Avatar Airbender or similar, like the Intamin Surfrider in Minnesota.
  • The Gerstlauer spinner being named Fairly Odd Coaster or similar, like the Gerstlauer spinner in Minnesota.
Also, in terms of the recently revealed Intamin launch coaster (non-shuttle), is it only me who's seeing similarities between it and Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster at Discovery Kingdom? I reckon we could potentially be seeing Intamin's take on the Skywarp here. But I'd also say an SRII/GaleForce style ride with a swing launch is a solid guess.

Pear

Strata Poster
image0.jpg

50230545_1995833437119281_2605054238056775680_o.png

49786005_1999772990058659_2792312153577619456_o.jpg

49792327_1999772793392012_1156407888474800128_o.jpg

image0.jpg

Source

Last edited:

Luca B

Mega Poster
Is it confirmed that the blue coaster is intamin, as it seems like a Mack coaster, bearings similarities to their extreme spinning coaster. Contrary to my usual opinion, I would rather it be a Mack, just because it had the potential to be spinning and will probably have better hang time.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Is it confirmed that the blue coaster is intamin, as it seems like a Mack coaster, bearings similarities to their extreme spinning coaster. Contrary to my usual opinion, I would rather it be a Mack, just because it had the potential to be spinning and will probably have better hang time.
The track style looks identical to that of Taiga and Taron. It isn't a Mack spinner.

Last edited:

Luca B

Mega Poster
The track looks identical to that of Taiga. It isn't a Mack spinner.
Actually, you’re probably right, it’s just wierd how similar the Mack compact extreme spinning coaster’s layout is to this intamin. Also is it just me or do the newer intamins have a thinner spine than before.