What's new

Alton Towers | Wicker Man | GCI Wood

Efan

Mega Poster
Jesus Christ. Not gonna lie, this must be in contention for worst Secret Weapon ever. Only way we'll find out is when it opens.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
At least the lift hill gives you plenty of time to admire the stagnant water of a non-operating popular ride.

That decision has now been reversed - the rapids are open all season, and they'll open by 11 every day (which is the same as it's been last year and maybe the year before).

Matt N

CF Legend
That decision has now been reversed - the rapids are open all season, and they'll open by 11 every day (which is the same as it's been last year and maybe the year before).
Ever since I first visited Alton in 2009, the water rides have always opened at 11am.

Robbie

Hyper Poster
Hurrah! Now I can spend considerable time looking longingly at a better, more substantial ride.

Efan

Mega Poster
Wow! That actually looks great imo. I’m sure it’ll look even better when the special effects are running!

elephant58

Hyper Poster
At least this coaster looks pretty. Rita and Thirteen aren't exactly lookers with all the scaffolding around the place and the Smiler's often slated for its concrete scenery (although I personally like the Smiler's aesthetic).

Also, do we think that something might happen in the maintenance shed? Because Alton's described the coaster as 'just one part of the experience' or something like that, although it being Alton that could mean anything.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
I was thinking the same yesterday, I don't think I've ever seen this much switching back and forth between positive and negative thoughts before.

Bert2theSpark

Mega Poster
At least I'm not the only person who thinks people's opinion change everything something comes out about the ride. If something bad happens people complain and say 'This is unacceptable' but when good happens people say 'I'm excited to ride this'.

After opening day I predict people's thoughts will become final and the ride will be, much like The Smiler and Th13teen, marmite thoughts between coaster enthusiasts.