What's new

Alton Towers to remove Submission - world rejoices! :)

Lofty

CF Legend
Some of these comments make me laugh.

In reality, they're going to remove the ride for maybe 2/3 seasons, then add something of a similar footprint that doesn't have a high noise output and actually, you know, WORKS. Not a **** Screamin' Squirrel.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
sparky2u said:
Or an S&S Screamin Swing which goes out over Oblivion's track

After the major issues Thorpe had with S&S with Slammer and Rush? Why on earth would they use a company that at a sister park has a very poor track record, likely to manifest itself again in failure in a new ride at Alton?

It would be complete and utter madness and makes no business sense.

So expect S&S to announce their replacement imminently ;)

sparky2u

Mega Poster
I'm sure the problems are all sorted out with Screamin Swings, all coasters / flat rides have their 1st few months of demons.

Be fantastic if AT installed a Vekoma Stingray coaster for X-Sector.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
sparky2u said:
I'm sure the problems are all sorted out with Screamin Swings, all coasters / flat rides have their 1st few years/decades of demons.

Fixed for S&S

elephant58

Hyper Poster
sparky2u said:
I'm sure the problems are all sorted out with Screamin Swings, all coasters / flat rides have their 1st few months of demons.

Be fantastic if AT installed a Vekoma Stingray coaster for X-Sector.

They've already got a flying coaster.....

stanford911

Mega Poster
Probably gonna open the flood gates here but I liked it *runs and hides*

Ok it wasn't anything special at all, I noticed it could be a tad uncomfortable at times, the noises it made would have you worrying someones spare change would smack you in the face and there really wasn't much space for your arms at your sides but it was, in it's own special way, fun and kinda disorientating.
But the idea of a Top Scan in it's place has helped me forget all about it :D

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Things like Screamin' Swings and Top Scans are far too noisy for that part of the park. I think thats why there have been so many relocations of flatrides? I doubt there will be a replacement for a long while.