Status
Not open for further replies.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

FaceYourNemesis said:
Looks like they're testing the Marmaliser screen today. I'm intrigued as to what "The Disorientater" is :p

I think it's what the technical guys are calling the fault that makes the top and bottom of the screen not project properly ;)

Martyn B

CF Legend

62591_10151652069313185_302064369_n.jpg

Just look at that first drop <///3

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Finally done, yay! Does anyone know what system it will have to get it up the lift hill yet?

Some ditzy girl in my class was arguing with me today over whether it was open or not. Her argument was, 'Aston Merrygold said on his twitter, he rode it yesterday and there was a video and he opened it. I think I would know'.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Tbf the train size may have something to do with that pull out from the first drop, the one after the vertical lift doesn't seem to be as harsh. Although the angle of that picture is awkward, it makes the second drop actually look smaller than the inversion (I think, this ride is nuts lul) it follows.

I also am desperate for this to have music blasting out around the ride, if not I WILL take my iPod with some RCT music loaded.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Swarm's soundtrack is SO GOOD and I hope this follows suit.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Martyn B

CF Legend

I dont know if it's just the angle, but the corkscrew also looks really nasty!

coasterboy

Mega Poster

Here's some video footage of the screens in action:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOvukdU8dCA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INdBhOAyvRw[/youtube]

Must admit, this is shaping up to be one hell of a ride.

marc

CF Legend

Yep if they keep the screens and effects working, there's a lot to maintain on this coaster.

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster

I haven't got one bad thing to say about this ride or it's themeing yet, apart from the shaping on that first drop is so so ugly.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

The disorienter? It looks like the washing machine element.. Could that STILL be in play?

coasterboy

Mega Poster

Crazycoaster said:
The disorienter? It looks like the washing machine element.. Could that STILL be in play?

There's a LOT of rumours going around at the moment - washing machine element, live-streaming POVs, projection video mapping - it could be absolutely crazy.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Seriously if there's actually another trick up their sleeve then this might just be the greatest ride installation I think I've seen.

Disclaimer: I said installation, not quality of ride, investment number, theme or the precise paint code of the track.

rich210uk

Mega Poster

I know its been brought up before but after seeing it in person yesterday the bit I don't like is the section over the toilet block. It just doesn't look right, and it looks like they just whipped out a saw and cut into the building to accommodate the supports, it just looks nasty!

it took them all day the fit the section at the top of the lift, one minute it was there, then it was gone again. The whole things does look brilliant but just following the track around I'm finding it hard to imagine it being a comfortable ride. Does look great though!

spicy

Giga Poster

I think the disorientator is referring to the indoor inline twist. Although I would love to be wrong and the rumoured 'washing machine' element actually happened.

I'm 99.9% sure the washing machine element is a load of bull though. Fair play whoever come up with the idea though would love to actually see it appear on a coaster one day!

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster

spicy said:
I think the disorientator is referring to the indoor inline twist. Although I would love to be wrong and the rumoured 'washing machine' element actually happened.

I'm 99.9% sure the washing machine element is a load of bull though. Fair play whoever come up with the idea though would love to actually see it appear on a coaster one day!

Thing is, the indoor roll has been referred to as 'indoor heartline' in the game, rather than the Disorientator. Given they've been consistent on the other parts. Therefore I'd suggest the Disorientator will likely at least be another effect or something.

On a separate note, I wonder when they will finally start promoting the number of inversions? They've given us every other typical stat, so why hold it back when the world can now see all the inversions (aside from the indoor heart line, which they officially acknowledge in the game anyway)?? I'm no proponent of this washing machine theory, but the marketing suggests that they may have something up their sleeves, otherwise it'd make sense to drop in the 14 inversion stat into the recent Sun press article

coasterdude_1

Mega Poster

spicy said:

Thing is, the indoor roll has been referred to as 'indoor heartline' in the game, rather than the Disorientator. Given they've been consistent on the other parts. Therefore I'd suggest the Disorientator will likely at least be another effect or something.

On a separate note, I wonder when they will finally start promoting the number of inversions? They've given us every other typical stat, so why hold it back when the world can now see all the inversions (aside from the indoor heart line, which they officially acknowledge in the game anyway)?? I'm no proponent of this washing machine theory, but the marketing suggests that they may have something up their sleeves, otherwise it'd make sense to drop in the 14 inversion stat into the recent Sun press article

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Pieman said:
I feel like the effects would be improved if this were an indoor coaster.

Didn't you know? After construction is done, they're going to use heavy-lift helicopters to drop the Black Hole tent back on top.

(Yes, I know that Smiler wouldn't fit in that tent.)

Status
Not open for further replies.