What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

the king

Mega Poster
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

Pictures from today. More activity on the site with more slabs, and a prefabricated footer.

5.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Pictures are from Alton towers guide's facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?s ... 122&type=1

Montario

Roller Poster

Exciting, finally, some significant work is taking place! I personally do think it will be a Eurofighter, look at this noise report. (If this has already been brought up, I am deeply embarrassed :oops: ): http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/upload/PublicAccess/Noise Report for 2013 (37873).PDF

They state they are going to compare SW7's noise with a similar noise modeled coaster of the same type and manufacturer; Saw - The ride at Thorpe Park. Surely that gives some indication?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ Yep, I see you're pretty new to CF, Monotario, so I don't expect you to have read through this topic (after all, it is 125 pages!) but we drew a similar conclusion earlier on in this topic. I read the noise report as well, hahaha!

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

Despite the ride (guessed) type, I predict that this is going to be the new Nemesis. Or at least, marketed in that way.

nadroJ

CF Legend

If it is something like Anubis/Lynet then yay, if it's a pooey old Eurofighter I might have to have a tantrum.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Going waaaaay back to the arguement of it not being MS, and one reason being due to how loud G-Force is.. Hollywood: Rip Ride Rockit is dead silent...

loveagiga

Roller Poster

I was there for the first time last Friday, waited to go since I was 14 & though this is not.the place for.me to scream about how brilliant the park is, its just an incredible park.....so anyway...; even in the rain they we're movin around a lot at the construction site. So this is really planned to be a eurofighter style ride?? It just looks so premier or Maurer sohne.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

As intresting as the photos are (thanks to everyone who took them :wink: ) are footers still not placed yet?

Jake

Strata Poster

Eugh, it's the same as it was like... 2 months ago, but the mud looks a bit more organised now.

I don't mean to sound ungreatful, but we really don't need this many updates until something actually starts going up...

Coasterlover

Roller Poster

^
Yeh I know what you mean, 126 pages and we've only got mud and a little bit of metal. Some topics have only 30 pages in the whole construction process.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

It's Alton Towers, one of the U.k leading theme parks, what are building a ride what may be on par with Nemesis, did you expect anything less.

bmac

Giga Poster

Cedar Point, one of the leading parks in the United States, is building a record breaking roller coaster that could be the best in the world. Hasn't gotten an update since Space Spiral got nuked yet this gets updated everytime the dirt gets moved.

nealbie

CF Legend

Oh Ethan.... Why do you have to be like this?

I understand your frustration bmac, but unfortunately most regular users on this site are from the UK and we're all a bit deprived of decent new rides to fap over. So when a half decent one does come along, especially at Alton Towers, we all simultaneously goongasm in a giant collective mess of coaster spooge.

Gatekeeper does look mega though, yes. I'll go send it some love if it'll make you feel better?

scw55

Hyper Poster

The more interesting threads on other coaster fan sites are the discussing the abstract side of this ride; themeing, marketing etc...

bmac

Giga Poster

nealbie said:
Oh Ethan.... Why do you have to be like this?

I understand your frustration bmac, but unfortunately most regular users on this site are from the UK and we're all a bit deprived of decent new rides to fap over. So when a half decent one does come along, especially at Alton Towers, we all simultaneously goongasm in a giant collective mess of coaster spooge.

Gatekeeper does look mega though, yes. I'll go send it some love if it'll make you feel better?

haha Nealbie <3

Martyn B

CF Legend

Yeah, it looks like there's still a long way to go before we see this go vertical... I am intregued by it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.