What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

the king

Mega Poster
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

On a recent video of the SW7 site, this thing has appeared. Also, more girders have been placed in the ground. Unfortunately not much footage of the station area.

Ground.jpg

Screenshot taken from this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiGGV23nvnY

RobJackson85

Roller Poster

Looks to me, like the bucket of a digger. The way it's led there probably means its of no importance.

This post was brought to you either by Tapatalk or some random Internet gremlin.

bmac

Giga Poster

RobJackson85 said:
Looks to me, like the bucket of a digger. The way it's led there probably means its of no importance.

Not sure about the importance part but it is an excavator's bucket.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Doesn't look like much will have been done over the past couple of days with the weather being so poor over here.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

Well we got about a month and a bit before the park closes and to be honest I was expecting vertical or at least track arrival by now. But I guess if they do put this thing up during the closed season, it will feel like a true secrete weapon.
Hoping for some viral video soon :--D

Montario

Roller Poster

Doesn't look like much will have been done over the past couple of days with the weather being so poor over here.

^Harsh weather conditions can obviously be hazardous; Staffordshire's weather is meant to consist of rain until Friday. I don't think we should expect much for the next few days either.

ry1996

Mega Poster

They are still really, really behind. To say there are footers now being POURED for Gatekeeper and it opens in May compared to SW7 in march. but that delivery looks promising.

Smithy

Strata Poster

You don't know what the schedule is that they're working to to allow you to make such claims.

ry1996

Mega Poster

^ Well since its the same company who built thirteen, and its opening around the exact same time..i cant see what would be any different?, Clearly they are behind schedule.

oriolat2

Giga Poster

ry1996 said:
^ Well since its the same company who built thirteen, and its opening around the exact same time..i cant see what would be any different?, Clearly they are behind schedule.

I didn't know you were working at Alton Towers as Construction manager...

Please, Alton hasn't even revealed who is manufacturing this ride, let alone a construction schedule. Besides, the profile of Thirteen is way too dfferent from this one: Thirteen was more spread, was located in a wooded area, etc. This coaster looks a lot more compact and once concrete is poured and solid, vertical construction should fly...

Smithy

Strata Poster

ry1996 said:

As above.

You can't see what would be different?

Manufacturer, location, ride length, footprints, weather forecasts. I could go on and on and on.

bmac

Giga Poster

Smithy said:
ry1996 said:

As above.

You can't see what would be different?

Manufacturer, location, ride length, footprints, weather forecasts. I could go on and on and on.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcjzHMhBtf0[/youtube]

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster

I wouldn't really say they're behind. If I remember correctly, Th13teen only really started going vertical very late 2009/early 2010. It'll probably be the same with SW7, and they'll reveal the name or manufacturer as a 'Christmas gift' or something. Just a guess.

Ollie

CF Legend

This video has teasers for SW7 in it. Several times throughout the video the smiley face that has been appearing all around the park flashes up on screen.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90xQ9jwInBs[/youtube]

Love the design of it. :)
420425_4533596535056_2057969490_n.jpg

nealbie

CF Legend

That's funky! c:

I don't think they're necessarily behind in construction. I know the track for Th13teen was up well before Scarefest, but that could probably have had something to do with getting everything out of the way for the drop section to test etc. Either way, still pretty darned excited about this ^_^

nadroJ

CF Legend

I wouldn't say I'm excited, more intrigued because we still don't properly know what the goddam thing is haha XD

nealbie

CF Legend

What's not to know? I thought they were very transparent with the layout and plans this time?

Unless you're telling me this is secretly a woodie.... In which case there's plenty of reason to be excited anyway! =P

Status
Not open for further replies.