What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Re: Alton Towers | The Smiler | Unknown Gerstlauer World's 1

Right, on towers times or street I saw someone wrote track would be complete by next week! Im not believing it. What you guys think of the schedule of construction?

peep

CF Legend

It is the sort of thing that goes up quickly once the footers are in place. I'd say definitely finished by the end of 2 weeks time. No way means it's anywhere near completion though on a whole, it looks like there's still lots of ground work to do and the building isn't even the full basic structure atm.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

It's a very complicated coaster to put up, with all the un-even land and the fact it's one of the most compact layouts of a coaster ever.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Nemesis of oblivion said:
Right, on towers times or street I saw someone wrote track would be complete by next week! Im not believing it. What you guys think of the schedule of construction?

Yeahbutno.

They haven't even started either lift hill. Two weeks? Maybe, but I think even that might be pushing it.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Have we even seen any of the track pieces for the lift in any of the updates yet?

Don't reckon we'll see the track complete for at least another month, it's probably been a nightmare as it is to work out the logisitics of in what order it needed installing.

Lofty

CF Legend

Track work done by next week? No **** way. Next month, possibly.

marc

CF Legend

I recon 2 weeks until its done, this is going by how fast Rage and Saw went up.

Most of the hard work is done now so should be quick.

Many seem to think this will open for the 1st bank holiday in May which is just over a month away. That for me is cutting it close.

Kebab

Giga Poster

It'd be amazing if it has lapbars, with a layout as messed up as that, it'd be like a throwback to those ridiculously twisted Schwarzkopf coasters! <3

On a side note, just saw this awesome photo, courtesy of TowersTimes. Also whats that meant to be above the yellow box? :?

2.jpg

The view from Blivvie is going to be lush. You can also get a good perspective of the scale of this thing...

DSC_3847_zps193ed47f.jpg

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster

In terms of the secret element, what will happen when Oblivion opens in march? Alton obviously don't want it being shown due to them asking towerstimes to 'correct' their photos so will they just put a big sheet up or something?

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster

I wonder if they've even composed their own soundtrack for this thing? That's if they have anything for it at all yet. When was the last time a UK Merlin ride had it's own original score? (Not counting Swarm since You Me At Six performed that).

Anyway, VERY excited about this.

marc

CF Legend

The Grape Wizard said:
In terms of the secret element, what will happen when Oblivion opens in march? Alton obviously don't want it being shown due to them asking towerstimes to 'correct' their photos so will they just put a big sheet up or something?

If it opens in March, they might keep the area shut for all we know.

Lottie.

Mega Poster

marc said:
The Grape Wizard said:

If it opens in March, they might keep the area shut for all we know.

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep X Sector shut but it will certainly make many people unhappy about not being able to ride Blivvy.

marc

CF Legend

As long as they say its shut people will have to deal with it, been there loads of times when rides are shut.

nadroJ

CF Legend

I could see them putting canvases up or something, or just allowing a pathway through to access Oblivion and that's it in the X-Sector. I really don't think they'd leave Oblivion shut for the first 2 months of the season.

Lofty

CF Legend

I really think that they're going to keep the whole of X Sector closed until they open this ride. Once he lift section goes up, they've got no way to take things on to the site apart from the entrances through X Sector, meaning, they won't open the area whilst this is being used, In my opinion, of course.

marc

CF Legend

Yep it's what I was saying a few weeks back, access is really limited and they will need to put the theming on the ride and that spider thing is not small.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster

I suppose if they open the x-scetor in may, it's going to become incredibly busy. Will they have to pull a potter and limit the amount of guests in x-sector and hand out return tickets?

Smithy

Strata Poster

The Grape Wizard said:

If the secret element is what I think it is, it'll be covered by now anyway (and is permanently covered) so photo's of it won't be an issue.

nadroJ

CF Legend

I actually really appreciate the effort they're going to to keep this a secret, kind of puts a bit of magic back into the place =]

Status
Not open for further replies.