What's new

Alton Towers | The Smiler | Gerstlauer Infinity

Status
Not open for further replies.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Re: Alton Towers | SW7 | Unknown (Gestlauer?) World's 1st

silenthillXD said:
Wouldn't a nice dirt track be so much better!

No. Where have you ever seen this in a theme park? It'd look disgusting and dirty and unfinished. Not to mention that it wouldn't fit the sci-fi kind/X-Sector theme in any way.

Swat

Hyper Poster

Have these been posted yet? If so sorry, Had a quick look couldn't see them.

All credit goes to Spin_Doctor of Towertimes

g.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

d.jpg

c.jpg

h.jpg

B.jpg

A.jpg

If it's anything like this it should be one hell of a ride.

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

nadroJ said:
silenthillXD said:
Wouldn't a nice dirt track be so much better!

No. Where have you ever seen this in a theme park? It'd look disgusting and dirty and unfinished. Not to mention that it wouldn't fit the sci-fi kind/X-Sector theme in any way.

Just so you know, it was intended as a joke, I was merely referring to the fact that the mud we have been so excited about for the last few months has now been covered up in concrete. Anyway, has anyone else who has been on the sanctuary got any thoughts on the theming?

Smithy

Strata Poster

Somebody has WAY too much time on their hands to render up something of that quality.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I mean, it's neat and all, but... Smithy's right... :?

Dar

Hyper Poster

...Nope, still think it's the worst idea anybody has ever cooked up regarding a planned coaster.

"Come to The Sanctuary and try our NEW marmalisation system: The VOMITRON. The Sanctuary, market leaders in social compliance therapy."

Nic

Strata Poster

Just had another look at the plans. I surely can't be the only person to notice that the "spider" only has 6 legs. Therefore, any notion that it is supposed to actually be a spider (for an arachnophobia type theme, for example) is surely wrong?

Montario

Roller Poster

^All that technology and for a simple inversion? Seems a bit crazy and pointless to me...waste of money which could go to something much more interesting. We'll have a 'TH3TEEN' all over again.

As for the spider thing, that's a good point brought up. I myself refer to the object as a 'spider' just as a placeholder for whatever it is. It has some resemblance. Whatever it is, it seems pretty futuristic to me.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Montario said:
^All that technology and for a simple inversion? Seems a bit crazy and pointless to me...waste of money which could go to something much more interesting. We'll have a 'TH3TEEN' all over again.

As for the spider thing, that's a good point brought up. I myself refer to the object as a 'spider' just as a placeholder for whatever it is. It has some resemblance. Whatever it is, it seems pretty futuristic to me.
Thi3teen is a great coaster, just marketed wrong and so far Altons marketing for this ride has been great for thi ride, so im not sure what your point about this being another Thi3teen is all bout really.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Despite the fact that this thread should not be 151 pages long already, I must add my bit. That rendering from above looks like it will do wonders for capacity...would be a shame if anything even slightly similar to that was implemented on this coaster.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Nic said:
Just had another look at the plans. I surely can't be the only person to notice that the "spider" only has 6 legs. Therefore, any notion that it is supposed to actually be a spider (for an arachnophobia type theme, for example) is surely wrong?

It's just some kind of sentinel I think. Slayed hit it with the War of the Worlds/Tripods thing. It's a menacing guardian overlooking the crowds being dragged into the experimentation chambers against their will, like cattle to the slaughter.

It's just meant to be imposing...

nealbie

CF Legend

It makes me think of Woking town centre!

War%20Of%20The%20Worlds%20Sculpture.jpg

6817294061_143fe3de53_z.jpg

3063469_eb7a6c1603_m.jpeg

All this War of the World goodness just round the corner from where I work <3

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Those renderings are awesome. I wish people wouldn't mock others for spending time doing something they enjoy doing.

scw55

Hyper Poster

As much as the current rumour fits, I do hope it's not the case. I personally have always disliked "record breaking" aspects because 95% of the time it involves '1 upping' which annoys me. Usually I find the feat a lot more exciting than the fact this guy has shoved 1 more sword down his throat. It's the fact he has swords down his throat at all which is amazing. That's my 3 pence.

Smithy

Strata Poster

Ian said:
Those renderings are awesome. I wish people wouldn't mock others for spending time doing something they enjoy doing.

It was moreso a backhanded compliment really, given the ridiculous level of quality.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Smithy said:
Ian said:

It was moreso a backhanded compliment really, given the ridiculous level of quality.
I think my fear of this element may have also contributed to my comment. I just think it'll be sooooo lame...

Montario

Roller Poster

Thi3teen is a great coaster, just marketed wrong and so far Altons marketing for this ride has been great for thi ride, so im not sure what your point about this being another Thi3teen is all bout really.

What you say is true, but when did I ever doubt TH3TEEN being a good ride? I really like it too. I was referring to the 'Free Fall Drop' element that was over anticipated/hyped and simply saying that would also be the case if the rendered images above us were showing the actual 'world first' element. Simply put, my point was that it would be the same sense of a worlds first as TH3TEEN, hence the comparison... :)

Martyn B

CF Legend

I think I'd rather a Thirteen style drop than this washing machine rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.