What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I do love bringing this up, but I think it put the speculation to bed because of some of the new theming elements include;

- a piece of track coming in and out of the ground like a tentacle
- a new “support” holding the crab pincer in place

Can we all finally agree that the track is the tentacles and the supports are the “cage”??
Happy to… It literally has the veins running through it. (I’ve acknowledged all along this was the original story too, it’s purely their own website muddying the water.)

Has anybody checked if it’s been updated on the website to reflect this?

Oh yeah, from that video that is 100% a pressurised water pipe. The thing in yellow is an isolating valve - either before/after a branch or after a significant pipe length (for maintenance purposes). The blue is typical (usually buried) plastic pipework - HDPE most commonly.

Seals at the joints don't look very good mind...

...and lord knows what it's serving...

Excellent work :) At least they tried, or better yet, are intending to try… :)

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Ah, I’m gutted to hear that the front row queue has gone. I can’t remember the last time I didn’t queue for the front… it was always totally worth it.
Apparently Alton confirmed this was only for the opening period, can't remember where I read it now either on another site or on X probably. Let the hype die down a bit first.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
How have they recorded that? As far as I am aware Alton have not been allowing on ride recording.

Last edited:

Trax

Hyper Poster
As the video starts at the top of the lifthill and ends before entering the station, I highly doubt that this was a recorded with the park's permission.

Matt N

CF Legend
Hosts and operators could've seen it & stopped it but oh well
To be fair, it might have been quite hard to see on a CCTV camera seeing as the video only began at the very top of the lift hill. Not to mention that GoPros with chest mounts are probably easier to conceal than, say, a phone or a camera.

Someone whipping out a mobile phone or a camera is not very subtle and can be easily seen, whereas you could easily strap on a chest-mounted GoPro long before the ride, zip a coat over it for the whole time you’re in the station and waiting to go, unzip the coat and start the GoPro after you’ve left the station, and stop the GoPro and rezip your coat before re-entering the station.

I should clarify that I’ve never tried this myself and I absolutely do not advocate breaking park rules on this. I’m just guessing based on what I imagine it would be like.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I didn't realize that the new queue extends all the way around the first drop and turnaround before the loop. How do people feel about that?

When watching some POVs (ride looks like it's running brilliantly btw), it was a little jarring to see some gravel in a cleared-out area by the first drop. I kinda liked how that area was secluded from pedestrians. It had some sort of mystery as to how the train managed to reach those speeds.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
I do wonder if those animatronics will only be an effect that is used on busier days and weekends?

It's a shame if so, as those that aim to go on off-peak days won't get the same experience.

emoo

Hyper Poster
The claws were working today (Monday). They do not repeat the exact sequence each ride and were not moving each time on Saturday either, it's random.

The single ride queue space is taken up with large rib bone theming which looks awesome but prevents lengthy side queue.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I didn't realize that the new queue extends all the way around the first drop and turnaround before the loop. How do people feel about that?

When watching some POVs (ride looks like it's running brilliantly btw), it was a little jarring to see some gravel in a cleared-out area by the first drop. I kinda liked how that area was secluded from pedestrians. It had some sort of mystery as to how the train managed to reach those speeds.
I had the same thought. I'm hoping it'll look better once all the vegetation grows in a bit more.

Sandman

Giga Poster

Yeah, this was exactly my first thought when I saw the POV.

The ride looks to have come together well, from what I've seen. But this is the main change I'm not particularly fond of. I really loved that design aspect of Nemesis, how you start the ride going into the trees and seclusion, then flowed back down gradually until you come into the clearing then hit the corkscrew. The revamped queue fencing and path is very uninspiring considering the good work put in elsewhere.

I know it's been getting some huge queues over the opening weekend, but I really don't think they'll need to utilise that full queue for a sustained period to be honest. I think it'll simmer down over the course of the '24 season.