What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
There could still be more to it. Wouldn't want to see it wrapped in tentacles, like the gun. Honestly, if I think about it, what was the gun? Was it alien itself? Certainly looked like the tentacles were part of the weapon rather than taking over the weapon, if that makes sense. Why did the monster have a gun?
It wasn’t a gun, it was a drill. Fitted perfectly in with the story that AT were digging when they discovered the creature. That was the drill that first came in contact with Nemesis, hence it being covered in tentacles.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
It wasn’t a gun, it was a drill. Fitted perfectly in with the story that AT were digging when they discovered the creature. That was the drill that first came in contact with Nemesis, hence it being covered in tentacles.
Good point, I knew this once upon a time (very obvious drill head) and still always called it 'the gun.' But then so did the towers TLC twitter page too. 🙈 😂

My point though, was that the tentacles look like they're a part of the object rather than looking like the object is covered in them. Having had another look, I can see that my interpretation of that may have always been wrong, and they could in fact be covering / consuming the gun / drill. 👍

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Having had another look, I can see that my interpretation of that may have always been wrong, and they could in fact be covering / consuming the gun / drill. 👍

Speaking of tentacles 👀

Over 100 meters of tentacles have been made...o_O I wonder if a lot of these are going to be within the station.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Speaking of tentacles 👀

Over 100 meters of tentacles have been made...o_O I wonder if a lot of these are going to be within the station.
100M!!!

They look bloody stunning too...

Screenshot 2024-03-05 145239.jpg

If you look at the picture posted earlier, it seems these tentacles are 'on the rocks' (haha) as well as lamp posts etc... Brilliant bit of theming!!! And exactly why we need to wait to see the whole package, as the details will make or break. (Though it's definitely looking more like they make.)

IMG_2939.jpg

spicy

Giga Poster
I really don't like the let's plonk an old helicopter down here for theming. So unoriginal and boring imo.

The drill was an original unique piece of theming not seen anywhere else. The fact some people thought it was a gun, a drill whatever it was at least it was intriguing and made you look at it.

However am loving the Nemesis tentacles popping up everywhere they should look great.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
I'll be more than happy if it's just the normal waterfalls that have returned honestly, they added so much to that area.

You'd think with all the money spent on bringing Nemesis back to life and revamping the whole area, they'd have at least spent a portion of that on the waterfalls 🙏

Matt N

CF Legend
There's blood under the loop in that video... THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!!

Look at 00:44

View attachment 30275

Edit: Just read back the last few comments, f***knows how you all missed that in the video, jumped out at me immediately... 🤣
Not to rain on your parade, Nicky, but what makes you think it’s blood (red dyed water) rather than just water that’s showing the reflection of the red lighting?

To me, it just looks like regular water like there was below it before.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Not to rain on your parade, Nicky, but what makes you think it’s blood (red dyed water) rather than just water that’s showing the reflection of the red lighting?

To me, it just looks like regular water like there was below it before.
Because it doesn't like like red light shining off water, it looks like there is depth in the colour. Particularly in the video, if you watch the clip a couple of times. The picture could be either in fairness, but the video shows it better.

ScottLann

Mega Poster
C'mon Nicky, don't be getting my hopes up like that! :eek:😂

I must admit, I did think it could be the red water too. However, where the red lights are shining, that seems to be the only part the of water that appears red.

The new map on the Alton Towers app shows that the water is just a regular colour too (although it would be great if they changed the colour to red on opening day as a last minute surprise)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
C'mon Nicky, don't be getting my hopes up like that! :eek:😂

I must admit, I did think it could be the red water too. However, where the red lights are shining, that seems to be the only part the of water that appears red.

The new map on the Alton Towers app shows that the water is just a regular colour too (although it would be great if they changed the colour to red on opening day as a last minute surprise)
Really, I see it all as red... The darker red bits are what I meant by 'depth' looks like deeper bits of water to me, making the red look darker...

Maybe it is just wishful thinking though, we'll have to wait and see. :)