What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

Apparently booking a day ticket for the 16th March online is £59, seems a little pricey. I was just wondering if that day is also unavailable for passholders to prebook. Not that I have a pass or intend on going, I'm just interested.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Apparently booking a day ticket for the 16th March online is £59, seems a little pricey. I was just wondering if that day is also unavailable for passholders to prebook. Not that I have a pass or intend on going, I'm just interested.
Towers.jpg

Nope... Still available to passholders... (Platinum)

But then it's supposed to be, so long as they're still selling tickets, regardless of the price, pre books should remain available to platinum passholders.

emoo

Hyper Poster
I had been waiting to get my pass to roll on as much as possible next year but should I just get it done? I looked at online day tickets just before the announcement and was a lot less.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I had been waiting to get my pass to roll on as much as possible next year but should I just get it done? I looked at online day tickets just before the announcement and was a lot less.
Yeh I'd get one... Can't even guarantee 'non platinum' passes will still have reservations left at this point. :/ AFAIK it's only platinum that are guaranteed so long as there's capacity. :/ Though I could be wrong.

That's one of the downsides of lower tier passes that they do not make clear enough imo, the need to secure a prebook much much earlier for some dates.

(Again I'm basing this off 2022, when I could still get prebooks on the day, but gold pass friends and family couldn't get them for some busier days, which weren't blockout days, even weeks before. :/ It may have changed since.)

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Another piece of track has been sighted in the car park yesterday - rumour has it that this is one of the old track pieces from the original Nemesis 👀

Nemesis Reborn.jpg

If true, it'll be interesting to say where they'll be placing it - my guess is over the old entrance sign for Nemesis (in front of the helix)

Credit - Dennis Greenslade (Alton Towers News and Discussion Group)

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
Another piece of track has been sighted in the car park yesterday - rumour has it that this is one of the old track pieces from the original Nemesis 👀

View attachment 30074

If true, it'll be interesting to say where they'll be placing it - my guess is over the old entrance sign for Nemesis (in front of the helix)

Credit - Dennis Greenslade (Alton Towers News and Discussion Group)
But it has the custom steel plate holding it off the ground, exact same as the new track that was delivered, maybe something's the wrong shape

emoo

Hyper Poster
Or to secure into the display position? Looks like an arch to me.

There is ride testing and opening date announced after the new track that follows the prior route fit into place. Casually replacing a new bit of track ready and painted in such short notice seems less likely. If we are looking for 0.01% chance takes they are making an emoji. A Nememoji! We've had the eyes & lashes, now a frown.

spicy

Giga Poster
Yea with 2 weeks until opening day, that would be incredibly late to start replacing track pieces, would be alot of disappointed people if it now doesn't open on time.

Must be for theming and I am glad that they are using some of the original track pieces! Looks like it could be a piece of the original overbank turn.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
So… The gun has been replaced with a helicopter.

Shame that… The gun was a cool original bit of theming, but they’ll have their reasons I guess.

IMG_2939.jpeg

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I'd be happy with this helicopter more if it was wrapped with the alien tentacles (just like the gun was).

I suppose it's there for the new Phalanx theming but I'll be intrigued to see how the whole area will look/feel on opening day 👀
There could still be more to it. Wouldn't want to see it wrapped in tentacles, like the gun. Honestly, if I think about it, what was the gun? Was it alien itself? Certainly looked like the tentacles were part of the weapon rather than taking over the weapon, if that makes sense. Why did the monster have a gun?

Anyway, as with everything, there's time yet, will judge the area as a whole in less than 2 weeks time. :)

Loving the forbidden valley colour pallet. BLACK
There's another shipping container in that image, and the best Merlin bashing you can come up with is pointing out the colour pallete (that we always knew) is black? You're slacking...

FWIW I didn't mention the container originally, as it could just have been part of the delivery package.