What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

So in a rather pointless (Interesting?) observation from viewing the track in the car park.

The new Nemesis loop is in 3 top track pieces like on Nemesis Inferno

6a56134615db55f6a1fb8e16cd3b7f3b.jpg

Rather than the 2 track pieces which were on the previous loop.

bca901008be2dd272c4f10be2ad60fe4.jpg

Your welcome.

So in a rather pointless (Interesting?) observation from viewing the track in the car park.

Your welcome.
Maybe it’s a new way of building vertical loops that B&M has found to spread the forces better or something?

I could be wrong, but to me, it would make some sense that 3 track pieces for an element will undergo less stress than 2 track pieces for the same element would.

I don't want to sound rude, but it's incredibly veiny *insert pun of choice here*.

I think it may have been more effective if the veins weren't such a bright colour, and weren't on every surface!
The colour scheme worked so well before. If it’s not broken don’t fix it 🥲

Unpopular opinion but i quite like it, it looks really retro cartoonish, I just hope they bring back the old logo and repaint the station black and red to match it
I agree. The more I see of the new colour scheme, the more I like it.

I doubt we'll see the return of the old logo though as Sub Terra uses the new logo, we'll have to see though.

...the old logo matches the new colour scheme perfectly
100% agree.

I will give them this - I prefer it to plain black.

I can imagine in a few years once the paint starts looking a bit faded, Alton Towers execs going "meh... let's just paint it over in all black... much easier to maintain..."

With the cartoony motif they've got going, it does feel reminiscent of the original marketing from when the ride opened.

See the promotional videos here:

And even the story and music:

And let's not forget the comic book: http://old.towersalmanac.com/features/nemesis_comic/index.html

The whole style matches well with the corny style, whilst still having that potential for a serious tone underneath.

I'm still unsure on the idea, and I'm trying to reserve judgement till it's open and complete. But if the above is what they're going for, I like the logic.

Hmm I'm hoping they're going to tear down the station and rebuild it but I guess that might be slightly trickier with the zero-g roll back in? Saying that, I don't know how much they'd need to crane in to do that, not an expert!

At this point, I'm starting to anticipate that the station isn't going to drastically change. Perhaps the most drastic change would be the colour, with some of the exterior being overhauled, a bit like they did a few years back during the TLC.

I do hope I'm wrong. I think IF this new colour scheme is going to work, it's got to be in conjunction with a brand new look for the station. Right now, it looks incredibly clashy in my eyes.

I do hope I'm wrong. I think IF this new colour scheme is going to work, it's got to be in conjunction with a brand new look for the station. Right now, it looks incredibly clashy in my eyes.
This, and wasn't it slowly crumbling? Unless they've refurbed it semi recently?

This, and wasn't it slowly crumbling? Unless they've refurbed it semi recently?
they did refurbish it during the TLC program quite a few years ago, personally i think the station is going to get quite a significant overhaul, a lot of the surface is made of a foam and mesh with a sort of thick paint stuff, i think that it will get worked on and the station in general will get a repaint of some sort, black and red most likely in my opinion, considering the leg like things have been removed leads me to believe that they are being worked on or replaced entirely, a lot of speculation has been going around at the moment regarding animatronics which would be very interesting to see

Your welcome.

Nice observation!

From what it looks like *to me* is that B&M used to do loops with that 2 piece top track, because if you look at all the Batmans, the loops all use the 2 piece, even the last built one through 1999 at SFOT.

Nemises Inferno, built in 2002, must have been a new iteration of that loop with the 3 piece top track.

Nice observation!

From what it looks like *to me* is that B&M used to do loops with that 2 piece top track, because if you look at all the Batmans, the loops all use the 2 piece, even the last built one through 1999 at SFOT.

Nemises Inferno, built in 2002, must have been a new iteration of that loop with the 3 piece top track.
Black Mamba at Phantasialand (2006) has the two piece loop though, maybe it was an aesthetics decision?