What's new

Silver Dollar City | Time Traveler | Mack Looping Launched Spinner

Swoosh

Mega Poster
I don't think they said "world's first" though so it could still be the first launched inverting spinner in the States.

Besides let's be honest - do you think anyone over here in the States cares about a coaster in Asia? No. No they don't. o_O

Last edited:

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I could see them pulling some of those bs records together to create a sort of "Most Extreme Spinning Coaster" approach similar to what they did with Outlaw Run. Honestly, the "Most Daring Wood Coaster" billboard for Outlaw Run near the park is enticing and had I been GP and seen that I would have wanted to go find out more about it.

Interested to see the Roman tie in with the theming, how much of that they can market before it stops feeling like the 1880's SDC we all know and love.

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
I could see them pulling some of those bs records together to create a sort of "Most Extreme Spinning Coaster" approach similar to what they did with Outlaw Run. Honestly, the "Most Daring Wood Coaster" billboard for Outlaw Run near the park is enticing and had I been GP and seen that I would have wanted to go find out more about it.

Interested to see the Roman tie in with the theming, how much of that they can market before it stops feeling like the 1880's SDC we all know and love.
I think it's going to be centered around time travel. Something like "Authentic Tours of Ancient Rome!* See Professor Notaconman for details!"

*Roman tours may involve cheap props in an attempt to sucker you out of your money. No refunds.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
This week's update...
Paint has appeared on the station. Announcement set for August. Not much has changed with track due to wet weather and a nearby earthquake (25 miles away)

Full Update and More Photos: HERE

STATION PROGRESS:
IMG_6768.JPG

NEW TEASER SIGN:
IMG_6771.JPG

TRACK PROGRESS:
IMG_6774.JPG

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
Hang on, did they actually rivet that sign into the wall, then shove a big huge NAIL into there for authenticity? Kudos SDC!

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Surprise! Surprise! I had a reader send in photos - so we have an update after all.
MORE PHOTOS & FULL UPDATE: HERE
STATION UPDATE:
IMG_6905.JPG

TRACK UPDATE:
19429823_10100293268236425_3260756887646152536_n.jpg

Swoosh

Mega Poster
ANNOUNCEMENT SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 16TH!
This week's update features 32 photos!

Make sure you check out the entire update: HERE

STATION UPDATE (they added the evac staircase this week)
17.JPG

POWER STATION UPDATE (looks like all we need is a roof now)
19a.JPG

TRACK PROGRESS (new supports / lots of footers waiting for supports & track)
25.JPG

24a.JPG

QUEUE LINE PROGRESS
2.JPG

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Programming Reminder: there will not be an update posted next weekend (July 8-9) as I will be on vacation to the East Coast (SFGAdv, BGW, KD, HP, etc). We will resume the following weekend (July 15-16).

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Nice! Have you got a source for them? It would be great to see them in a higher resolution.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Finally, an update. I was beginning to wonder why you'd gotten so lazy. ;)

Are you invited to the event?