What's new

Alton Towers | Nemesis Reborn | B&M Retrack | 2024

Sandman

Giga Poster
I suppose we could see some sections re-purposed within Forbidden Valley itself. It could be used quite effectively come to think of it.

Matt N

CF Legend
According to a recent interview from John Wardley, the ride will reopen with “greater storytelling” and more special effects and theming:
I’ve got to say that that sounds pretty promising to me! I’ve always felt that Nemesis’ theme could be conveyed more clearly to the first time rider, and that compared to some of the newer themed experiences, it lacks the finer details in places to really help further the storytelling, so I was quite glad to read John’s hint.

I have faith that whatever John is hinting towards will help to enhance the storytelling and make Nemesis’ story clearer as I said above.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Nemesis kind of set the bar for themeing in the UK for many years. Would be great to see them set a new bar.
I'm just worried that Merlin will chuch an obligatory shipping container in there somewhere.
surprised that there hasnt been a Maersk sponsered ride at a Merlin park yet.

catsounds

Mega Poster
if it wasn't Wardley saying it then I'd just hope the extra effects would be the nemesis' eye mentioned above might roll every half an hour for pure humour :p
but as he said it himself it must be at least some substantial added theming? xD

Ethan

Strata Poster
I reckon rather than a blinking eye animatronic, perhaps the eye being animated from an internal projection might be more reliable, and allow the eye to digitally blink/look around as the coaster (now quietly) roars around the track.

Tbf I'd love to see the station re-imagined and with fresh paint, and the rocks cleaned up a little, anything else is a bonus for me! I quite liked the stylisation of the new posters regarding it's closure, so a refresh of it's branding would please me too, although I know how iconic the original branding has become.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Ehhhh, I'm pretty indifferent to the idea of new stuff. The theming and style is great as is; why fix something that ain't broke?

So long as they can find a solution for the red waterfall to return, I'd be happy.

Archie

Mega Poster
Daytime mist
Blood waterfall
Cheeky new track colour
Remastered Tom Baker 'Legend of Nemesis' track
General Forbidden Valley spruce up

Job's a good 'un
you know what would be good, if they took some old tracks put it in blades pit and make it look mangled, so it looks like the blade has sliced through it and put some more debris theming in blades pit

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I hate to be that guy, but shouldn't this be in the construction topic? Or do we not put full retracks in there? Only there's very definitely construction under way already.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I hate to be that guy, but shouldn't this be in the construction topic? Or do we not put full retracks in there? Only there's very definitely construction under way already.

I mean if we reference @Hixee's Roller Coaster Construction Thread Guide, we've definitely hit Step 6, maybe Step 7, but not Step 9. So mayyyyyybe we have hit the illusive Step 8 milestone and it should be moved... 🤔