23. Top Thrill Dragster
24. Goliath (Over Georgia)
25. Montu
26. Storm Runner
27. Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
28. Lightning Run
29. Goliath (Great America)
30. Superman: The Ride

Latest update after my Europe adventure.

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Skyrush
3. Lightning Rod
4. Voyage
5. VelociCoaster
6. Ravine Flyer II
7. Piraten
8. Wildfire

9. Twisted Timbers
10. Fury 325

11. Maverick
12. Storm Chaser
13. Nemesis
14. Phoenix
15. Shambhala
16. Mako
17. Phantom's Revenge
18. Colossos
19. Wicked Cyclone
20. Renegade

21. Mystic Timbers
22. Fønix
23. Pantheon
24. Millennium Force
25. Twisted Cyclone
26. Top Thrill Dragster
27. Goliath (Over Georgia)
28. Montu
29. Storm Runner
30. Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure

Lightning Run, Goliath (Great America), and Superman: The Ride drop out of the Top 30. I also kicked out Nitro after previously being inside the Top 20. It just wasn't popping my most recent ride. Only other minor change was swapping Twisted Timbers with Fury 325.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Coming back from my trip to Scandi, I feel that I've finally been properly converted into the RMC religion.

1. Ride to Happiness, Plopsaland De Panne
2. Wildfire, Kolmården
3. Taron, Phantasialand
4. Kondaa, Walibi Belgium
5. Flying Aces, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
6. Helix, Liseberg
7. Untamed, Walibi Holland
8. Shambhala, PortAventura Park
9. Katun, Mirabilandia
10. Troy, Toverland
11. Expedition GeForce, Holiday Park
12. iSpeed, Mirabilandia
13. Black Mamba, Phantasialand
14. Wild Mouse. Luna Park
15. Silver Star, Europa Park
16. Hair Raiser, Ocean Park
17. Wodan Timbur Coaster, Europa Park
18. Balder, Liseberg
19. Giant Dipper, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
20. Monster, Gröna Lund
21. Goliath, Walibi Holland
22. Oblivion - The Black Hole, Gardaland
23. Gravity Max, Discovery World
24. Pulsar, Walibi Belgium
25. Lost Gravity, Walibi Holland
26. Fēnix, Toverland
27. Superman Escape, Warner Bros. Movie World
28. Karacho, Erlebnispark Tripsdrill
29. Hyperspace Mountain, Hong Kong Disneyland
30. Valkyria, Liseberg

Yeah, Wildfire was absolutely phenomenal from the get go and it only got progressively better through the day, culminating in some properly wack night rides right before the park closed at 7pm. The middle part was taken in almost complete darkness and was properly disorienting, even if I've already done it tons of times during the day. I ended up my day with 15 rides on it, finsihing out with two back row rides without needing to leave my seat in a row. I didn't think another ride could come close to RtH so soon, but this one really pushed it close. To make it even better, I didn't seem to have any problems with the restraints pushing on my thighs, which caused me to ride fairly defensively on the only other RMC I've done before, which also makes me even more excited to try more of these babies in the future. Bring it on!

Helix was another world class coaster, but i just didn't feel it had as many stand-out moments as Wildfire did. That airtime hill over the city is the clear highlight and might be one of the all-time greatest coaster elements on night rides. But it also has some downsides, mostly to do with rattle on one of the trains in particular, which gave me a bit of a headache that only cleared a few hours after our early afternoon rides. And also some of the staff were pretty happy to push down the restraints as hard as possible, which made some of the rides less enjoyable. Luckily Mack has seemingly figured a workaround with the automatic restraints that are used on RtH.

Balder offered some amazing airtime, but that was about all that the ride did. The layout could easily be summarized by hill-hill-turn and so on into eternity. And some of the hills could have been taken with a bit more speed as I felt it wasn't reaching its full potential in parts. Still a world class ride, don't get me wrong, but I feel like there was easily some potential to do more here. The design is kind of showing its age.

And love me a good old-school B&M Invert in Monster. Even though this little beastling only opened fairly recently it still offered the good old B&M experienced that I grew to love as a kid on the older B&M inverts. If you make it to Gröna Lund anytime soon, be sure to give this one a night ride in the back. Twister was sadly down for maintenance, but I feel Monster filled its big thrill coaster hole rather well.

And Valkyria is one of the better B&M Dive coasters out there. That night time view over Gothenburg just before the ride leans in for the drop is pretty darn awesome.

I've also dipped my toes into Denmark a bit on this trip (didn't do Faarup and Djurs, since I couldn't feasibly fit them into all this), but both of the coasters that had any sort of top-list potential (Tornado and Tivoli's Rutschebanen) sadly spited, so I'll have to wait for the first top-list worthy Danish coaster till next time.

And yeah, if you compare this list to the one I posted in early May, you can see that some rides in there have gone missing. I've decided to leave out the British/American coasters that I've only done once about a decade ago. It just feels impossible to compare them to the newer entries to my list. I also feel like I was basing my opinion too much on the thoughts of others rather than go with how I felt about them myself back then. Hopefully I get to re-ride them in not too distant future (apart from Wild Mouse, RIP) and form a firm enough opinion to warrant putting them back on the list.

Peet

Giga Poster
Guess where I've been on my holidays (and which airport I changed at on the way):

1) Velocicoaster
It took several rides including some at night before I really fell in love with this one but by the end of the day there was no question it's my new #1. It's just the perfect ride, immersively themed, beautifully varied, long, and *that* roll over the lake as the big finale is just exquisite.
2) Iron Gwazi
I thought long and hard about whether this should displace Velocicoaster as #1 after only 1 day, but I think the Intamin just edges out the RMC. Might have been a different story if I'd had a night ride on IG but I can only judge on what I experienced. Anyway, IG is an amazing ride, completely brutal in every row and I absolutely loved it.

3) Hyperion
4) Helix
5) Untamed
6) Fury 325
This is a wonderful ride, great airtime, some whippy turns, and nice and long. King of the B&Ms, it's pretty flawless in what it does. As for why it's ranked below the likes of Hyperion, the more brutal, unpredictable, out-of-control coasters are more to my taste, even if they are a bit rough around the edges.

7) Expedition Ge Force
8) El Toro
9) Taron
10) Troy

Rides that I can't believe are no longer in my top ten:
11) Shambhala
12) Cú Chulainn
13) Flying Aces
14) Nemesis
15) Twisted Colossus
16) Wodan
17) Colossos
18) Lech

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Making sure I get this in this year, before the wonderful 2022 post goes up. :)

1. Zadra
  2. Iron Gwazi
  3. Untamed
  4. Taron
  5. Ride to Happiness
  6. Hyperion
  7. Velocicoaster
  8. F.L.Y
  9. Shambhala
  10. Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
  11. Helix
  12. Lech
  13. Nemesis
  14. Mako
  15. Red Force

Edit: Because I'd forgotten Hagrid's, and to move Hyperion down a peg for it's inconsistency and increasingly noticeable rattle.

Last edited:

James F

Hyper Poster
Making sure I get this in this year, before the wonderful 2022 post goes up. :)

1. Zadra
  2. Iron Gwazi
  3. Untamed
  4. Taron
  5. Ride to Happiness
  6. Hyperion
  7. Velocicoaster
  8. F.L.Y
  9. Shambhala
  10. Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
  11. Helix
  12. Lech
  13. Nemesis
  14. Mako
  15. Red Force

Edit: Because I'd forgotten Hagrid's, and to move Hyperion down a peg for it's inconsistency and increasingly noticeable rattle.
Great List! Really want to get back to Florida now.

It's a shame that Hyperion rides so differently dependent on weather and such. I rode it in the summer and it was outstanding, but I also think that if I went back to Energylandia on a cold day it may fall down in my rankings as well, but considering I don't have that comparison it'll stay at the top spot for now.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Great List! Really want to get back to Florida now.

It's a shame that Hyperion rides so differently dependent on weather and such. I rode it in the summer and it was outstanding, but I also think that if I went back to Energylandia on a cold day it may fall down in my rankings as well, but considering I don't have that comparison it'll stay at the top spot for now.
I've been riding Hyperion multiple times a year since it opened, my ride count is well well into triple figures, and I absolutely love it, but over those years it has got noticeably more susceptible to the elements. :(

Definitely get out to Florida... I'm still toying with the idea that Cosmic Rewind should be in my list, just for the sheer amount of joy we felt riding it... But the actual coaster side of it, without the pre show, theming, music and I.P is a bit lacklustre... Still, for the way it makes you feel, I'm wondering if I'd rather ride it again tomorrow than red force... 🤔🤔🤔

Edited to add: I'm finding it so difficult to rank coasters lately, I'm so torn as to what my methods should be. I used to rank them mainly on hardware, and quality of theming was a sub category, that I took into account, but to a much lesser extent. Now I am starting to think more about the way they make me feel, even if that's just silly fun and laughter. Cosmic Rewind falls into a strange category, if I ranked coasters purely on emotion, it could even be a top 5!!! (And Hagrids would be top 3, knocking an RMC or two down a spot!!!)

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^One of my semi-goon mates has just got back from 3 weeks in Florida, first time visit. As expected, VC, IG, Mako, Hagrid's etc... all got glowing reviews, but the unanimous, absolute favourite from his whole family? Yep, Cosmic Rewind. Not so much for the hardware - many coasters in Florida are obviously more 'thrilling' - but simply for the amount of 'smiles per mile', as it were. So yeah, the 'emotional' aspect of trying to rank your favourite coasters definitely adds an extra layer of complexity to the whole thing.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
^One of my semi-goon mates has just got back from 3 weeks in Florida, first time visit. As expected, VC, IG, Mako, Hagrid's etc... all got glowing reviews, but the unanimous, absolute favourite from his whole family? Yep, Cosmic Rewind. Not so much for the hardware - many coasters in Florida are obviously more 'thrilling' - but simply for the amount of 'smiles per mile', as it were. So yeah, the 'emotional' aspect of trying to rank your favourite coasters definitely adds an extra layer of complexity to the whole thing.
So, my whole family, myself included (who all love coasters) came away from Florida with a new favourite ride, and it wasn't a coaster at all... Never thought I'd be saying this, but my favourite ride in the world is not a coaster. And that's purely because of the way ROTR made us feel. There aren't many ride experiences in the world that could genuinely almost reduce me to tears. (I think I DID have very moist eyes, but we will keep that between us ;) )

For anybody that has more than a fleeting interest in Star Wars, that ride could quite possibly be one of the best attractions they ever experience in their lives! The second that I-TS door opened and I stepped out into the star destroyer hanger is a moment I will never forget, it was almost overwhelming!!!

My daughter, unlike my son, has never gotten into Star Wars, she's never watched a single movie or TV / D+ episode in her life. But even she said it was the best ride in Florida!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hmm ... now, what's my list, again. Based on a quick assessment of my memories and the need to get something posted before midnight, I'd say ...

1. Helix, Liseberg
2. Expedition Everest, Disney's Animal Kingdom
3. Balder, Liseberg
4. Formula Rossa, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
5. Piraten, Djurs Sommerland
6. Swarm, Thorpe Park
7. Dragon Challenge, Islands of Adventure
8. Nemesis Inferno, Thorpe Park
9. Stealth, Thorpe Park
10. Den Aller Minste, TusenFryd

Might hopefully be able to add some creds to this list one of these years ...

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Hmm ... now, what's my list, again. Based on a quick assessment of my memories and the need to get something posted before midnight, I'd say ...

1. Helix, Liseberg
2. Expedition Everest, Disney's Animal Kingdom
3. Balder, Liseberg
4. Formula Rossa, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
5. Piraten, Djurs Sommerland
6. Swarm, Thorpe Park
7. Dragon Challenge, Islands of Adventure
8. Nemesis Inferno, Thorpe Park
9. Stealth, Thorpe Park
10. Den Aller Minste, TusenFryd

Might hopefully be able to add some creds to this list one of these years ...
Is the midnight deadline you speak of for the CF annual report thread?

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ll just put in my current list before the midnight deadline:
  1. Mako - SeaWorld Orlando (10/10)
  2. Silver Star - Europa Park (10/10)
  3. Wodan Timbur Coaster - Europa Park (10/10)
  4. Icon - Blackpool Pleasure Beach (10/10)
  5. Wicker Man - Alton Towers (10/10)
  6. Oblivion - Alton Towers (9/10)
  7. Montu - Busch Gardens Tampa (9/10)
  8. SheiKra - Busch Gardens Tampa (9/10)
  9. Blue Fire - Europa Park (9/10)
  10. Mine Blower - Fun Spot Kissimmee (9/10)
I’m not sure if that’s changed at all since I last posted in here, but I just thought I’d get the current version into this thread before the midnight deadline.

Christian

Hyper Poster
If there is a midnight deadline then here is mine. First time I ever sort out a top 10 list. Most of these are interchangeable depending on which day you ask me. All are 10/10.

1. Flying Aces, Ferrari World, Intamin
2. Wildfire, Kolmården, RMC
3. Zadra, Energylandia, RMC
4. Taron, Phantasialand, Inatmin
5. Helix, Liseberg, Mack
6. X2, Six Flags Magic Mountain, Arrow
7. Expedition GeForce, Holiday Park, Intamin
8. Hyperion, Energylandia, Intamin
9. Twisted Colossus, Six Flags Magic Mountain, RMC
10. Der Schwur des Kärnan, Hansa Park, Gerstlauer

Just shy of missing top 10 is Balder and Batman clones. I am a sucker for Batman clones.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I think I've already posted in this thread already this year, but just in case....
Presumably, when someone posts multiple updates in the same year, only the most recent entry is included in the CF poll, yes?

Anyways...

1. Steel Vengeance
2. Helix
3. The Ride To Happiness
4. Shambhala
5. X2
6. Nemesis
7. Untamed
8. Top Thrill Dragster
9. Wildfire
10. Behemoth

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
resumably, when someone posts multiple updates in the same year, only the most recent entry is included in the CF poll, yes?
That's correct. :)

Mine, for completeness:
1. Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
2. Taron, Phantasialand
3. Zadra, Energylandia
4 . Fury 325, Carowinds
5. Dinoconda, China Dinosaurs Park
6. Lightning Rod, Dollywood
7. Boulder Dash, Lake Compounce
8. Skyrush, Hersheypark
9. Voyage, Holiday World
10. Top Thrill Dragster, Cedar Point

11. Helix, Liseberg
12. X2, Six Flags Magic Mountain
13. Wildfire, Kolmarden
14. Untamed, Walibi Holland
15. Soaring with Dragon, Hefei Wanda Theme Park
16. Montu, Busch Gardens Tampa
17. Kondaa, Walibi Belgium
18. Storm Chaser, Kentucky Kingdom
19. Formula Rossa, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
20. Ride To Happiness, Plopsaland de Panne
As happy as I'm realistically ever going to be. Some of those individual positions could switch, but I don't think I'd ever be able to settle it in my mind. :p

Indy

Hyper Poster
Time for an update...
  1. Helix
  2. Zadra
  3. Ride to Happiness
  4. Iron Gwazi
  5. Wildfire
  6. Steel Vengeance
  7. Hyperion
  8. Kondaa
  9. Expedition GeForce
  10. Lech Coaster
Fury 325 drops several spots after a revisit and VelociCoaster gets bumped out by RTH and Kondaa.
Final update for 2022:
  1. Helix
  2. Zadra
  3. Ride to Happiness
  4. Iron Gwazi
  5. Wildfire
  6. Steel Vengeance
  7. Flying Aces
  8. Hyperion
  9. Kondaa
  10. Expedition GeForce

Snoo

The Legend
Went to Six Flags Over Georgia.. I forgot how sexy some of those rides are. Batman WAS IMMENSE and became my favorite Invert. Georgialiath was incredible again and TC was great!

1 Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
2 Jurassic World Velocicoaster - Islands of Adventure
3 Voyage - Holiday World
4 Hyperion - Energylandia
5 Iron Gwazi - Busch Gardens Tampa
6 Fury 325 - Carowinds
7 Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
8 Zadra - Energylandia
9 Twisted Timbers - Kings Dominion
10 Goliath - Six Flags Great America

11 Fønix - Farup Sommerland
12 SkyRush - Hersheypark
13 Batman The Ride - Six Flags Over Georgia
14 Jersey Devil Coaster - Six Flags Great Adventure
15 Pantheon - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
16 Wildfire - Kolmarden
17 Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
18 Afterburn - Carowinds
19 Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
20 Phantom's Revenge - Kennywood
21 Renegade - Valleyfair
22 Goliath - Six Flags Over Georgia
23 Piraten - Djurs Sommerland
24 Mine Blower - Fun Spot Kissimmee
25 Orion - Kings Island
26 Twisted Cyclone - Six Flags Over Georgia
27 El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
28 Lightning Rod - Dollywood
29 Copperhead Strike - Carowinds
30 Maverick - Cedar Point

CC: 510

Got down to SFFT and SWSA this past weekend and snagged some creds. Same rides, amazing weekend short of 5 more creds, the only highlights being Wonder Woman and Iron Rattler. Wonder Woman was a big disappointment but Iron Rattler was incredible! Shot up my rankings for sure with probably the best first drop of an RMC.

1 Steel Vengeance - Cedar Point
2 Jurassic World Velocicoaster - Islands of Adventure
3 Voyage - Holiday World
4 Hyperion - Energylandia
5 Iron Gwazi - Busch Gardens Tampa
6 Fury 325 - Carowinds
7 Boulder Dash - Lake Compounce
8 Zadra - Energylandia
9 Twisted Timbers - Kings Dominion
10 Goliath - Six Flags Great America

11 Fønix - Farup Sommerland
12 SkyRush - Hersheypark
13 Batman The Ride - Six Flags Over Georgia
14 Jersey Devil Coaster - Six Flags Great Adventure
15 Pantheon - Busch Gardens Williamsburg
16 Wildfire - Kolmarden
17 Outlaw Run - Silver Dollar City
18 Afterburn - Carowinds
19 Storm Chaser - Kentucky Kingdom
20 Phantom's Revenge - Kennywood
21 Renegade - Valleyfair
22 Goliath - Six Flags Over Georgia
23 Piraten - Djurs Sommerland
24 Iron Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas
25 Mine Blower - Fun Spot Kissimmee
26 Orion - Kings Island
27 Twisted Cyclone - Six Flags Over Georgia
28 El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure
29 Lightning Rod - Dollywood
30 Copperhead Strike - Carowinds

CC: 515

CoasterMOG

Roller Poster
Not heading anywhere else for the rest of the year, so here goes for 2022.

1 Voyage
2 Ride to Happiness
3 Velocicoaster
4 Zadra
5 Steel Vengeance
6 Fury 325
7 Iron Gwazi
8 X2
9 Hyperion
10 Taiga
11 Wildfire (Kolmarden)
12 Lightning Rod