What's new

Worlds of Fun | Zambezi Zinger | GCI (partial) Titan Track | 2023

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Hold up is this a rumor or is it confirmed to be getting two coasters back to backšŸ˜‚

Nothing is ā€œconfirmedā€ until the park breaks the news itself but this is the latest intel we have.

Apparently Cedar Fair has shifted focus from building up CGA to building up WOF. While Project 2.0 has been in the works for awhile, Project 50 sort of came out of nowhere. Originally the park was only going to be getting the ā€œcutesy crapā€ like CP and KI has done for the upcoming WOF 50 celebration next year. This will still be happening but now with this new coaster added to it.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Copperhead Strike clone?
Possibly. All we got right now is ā€œOrient Express 2.0ā€ is what it is being described as. Lots of conflicting rumors on what exactly that means.

Thatā€™s a bold af statement but screw it Iā€™m down.
Yeah we thought the same thing when we first heard it, but weā€™ve heard it from three different sources now so it might actually have some legs to it. I guess weā€™ll see

Swoosh

Mega Poster
6D43819E-46CB-41F9-8B47-3ECE61D5EF6A.jpeg

A fun new wrinkle to this project manifested this morning with Daniel Peak being named the Engineer for the project. Daniel works for Skyline Attractions which does most of structural work for GCI and that firm also (I believe) creates the Titan Track for GCI. So we might very well have our first ground up Titan Track wooden coaster.

This proves once again how difficult the the prediction process is with regards to future projects. We had received intel that a GCI Titan Track was possible along with the intel that this was the canceled DP GG wooden shuttle was coming. Both seemed plausible at the time and we honestly received the GG rumor from more of our sources than the GCI rumor. Now with more information presented as facts we are leaning towards this being the GCI rumor. One thing that appears to be certain is that there will be inversions.

Iā€™m sure before we get the official word there will be more red herrings. There always is with new projects.

Swoosh

Mega Poster
Update: Now Iā€™m convinced the GG wooden coaster was a red herring.

We have received even more information that this is a GCI Titan Track ground up coaster. Apparently an even bigger ā€œleakā€ on Compass (KC building permit portal) is coming thatā€™ll have information that confirms this.

Also it appears that several NDAs were signed today at the park administration offices.

MurphNation

Mega Poster
told ya'll a big leak was coming, lol

I was told we should be on the look out for a MASSIVE leak coming very soon involving WOF. So this might be the massive leak, that's why i'm posting this!

My apologies if the coaster turns out to be the shuttle from dorney but I think it might not be out of the books for next year's coaster to be a gci titan track.
The dip and dots guy was right! In all seriousness though I even told you guys about the titan track and y'all were making jokes, lol

CoasterHour

Roller Poster
Skyline Attractions not only does Titan Track but is now responsible for designing the layouts of GCI Coasters. Hoping it is a Titan Track but we will see

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Or this could be a Skywarp. No way in hell WOF gets a third GCI šŸ¤Ŗ
A ground up Titan Track coaster would be just as different from Prowler as an RMC would be. Entirely steel track, brand new trains that can handle inversions and actual negative G's... the only thing relating the two rides is that they both come from GCI.

cocoa

Mega Poster
are holiday world and mt olympus doing well? maybe someone in management thinks that regional parks need to build more woodies to be successful

which I am all about. wooden coasters are the best fite me

did we definitely conclude timberwolf is not receiving the titan track?

Sticky_T_Wicky

Roller Poster
are holiday world and mt olympus doing well? maybe someone in management thinks that regional parks need to build more woodies to be successful

Timber wolf is still more than tolerable and gets more ridership than I'd expect given its bumps. I will maintain, in an odd row (off wheel seats) it is a pretty enjoyable ride

MurphNation

Mega Poster
It would only be the second. Timber Wolf is a Dinn-Summers with a reprofile done by GCI

Yes I did tell you that, didnā€™t I? But this is not the one I was talking about.
I meant that their is a leak coming soon in my older post not the gci leak, lol

believe it or not, administration at wof still loves timber wolf and believes it is a classic, I've heard that they don't plan on removing or changing Timber Wolf anymore that they already have (2018 improvements) for the at least the next 5 years, project dollhouse/50 is definitely a brand new ground-up coaster

Swoosh

Mega Poster
believe it or not, administration at wof still loves timber wolf and believes it is a classic, I've heard that they don't plan on removing or changing Timber Wolf anymore that they already have (2018 improvements) for the at least the next 5 years, project dollhouse/50 is definitely a brand new ground-up coaster
Timber Wolf concluded its multi year renovation and reprofile from GCI this past off season. The entire coaster minus the final turn, transfer area and station track have all been redone. The coaster is now the smoothest it has been in years

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
this is wonderful and all but have you ever conisdered not double posting? you can quote multiple posts in one.

Swoosh

Mega Poster