What's new

SFMM | Wonder Woman Flight of Courage | RMC Raptor | 2022

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
I doubt the Lasso of truth statement as they are actively refurbing the structure that surrounds it. It will most likely just get a retheme.
The latest skimmy:
Lasso of Truth has indeed been rethemed. Something involving Teen Titans.
Flash going to Pistachio Gardens is now off the table. Park is conflicted on whether to relocate it, put it in storage or send it to Theme Park Valhalla, which looks suspiciously like the scrapyard.
Teen Titans Pizza is gone.

rideguy70

Mega Poster
I get that the Flash/musik express is old... it's nearly as old as the park itself. And while I'm all for sentiment, it's understandable if it needs to be scrapped.

But the park is already very, very scarce on flat rides as it is... so if it does get scrapped or moved, they really need to make a plan for more flats. I don't see why they can't just get a newer, updated version of the same ride.

Maybe not this year, but I'd love to see SFMM get a mini flat ride package in their future. That park used to have an Enterprise, Bayern Kurve, double armed ferris wheel (Galaxy), skyway (two separate ones!), octopus, tilt a whirl, trabant, drunken barrels, condor, bumper boats, metro/monorail, and more--and that doesn't even include the kiddie flats, skytower, or funhouse attractions (Magic Pagoda and Crazy Barrel).

Now, we're down to a round up and scrambler that are nearly as old as the park itself, bumper cars, a Yo-yo that doesn't tilt, buccaneer, and kiddie flats. And Crazanity, which is the only flat ride to be added in nearly two or three decades.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
JD West has been topped off;
EF5E3716-AF3D-4B14-876B-71D7F3596F53.jpeg
Source

Honestly it kind of surprises me how little hype this coaster is drawing outside of regional enthusiast circles. Usually I only see WWFOC content when I forcefully search for it through social media, which feels very uncommon for a major coaster project. A typical major coaster project will entail a lot of talk online, debates, and anticipation, and I haven’t really seen a lot of that this time around.

SeanC

Mega Poster
JD West has been topped off;
View attachment 17988
Source

Honestly it kind of surprises me how little hype this coaster is drawing outside of regional enthusiast circles. Usually I only see WWFOC content when I forcefully search for it through social media, which feels very uncommon for a major coaster project. A typical major coaster project will entail a lot of talk online, debates, and anticipation, and I haven’t really seen a lot of that this time around.

isn't part of it that a lot of folks were underwhelmed by jersey devil? if it's as good as or better than wonder woman in san antonio, then it would probably be my favorite ride at the park.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster

Wonder Woman: Flight of Courage opens July 16th!

The pacing looks significantly faster than Jersey Devil's (so the elements will hit harder - something that I feel Jersey Devil lacks compared to other RMCs I've ridden), and provided the mid-course brake run doesn't trim, Wonder Woman should have an improved ending as well!

Aaron Smith

Mega Poster

Wonder Woman: Flight of Courage opens July 16th!

The pacing looks significantly faster than Jersey Devil's (so the elements will hit harder - something that I feel Jersey Devil lacks compared to other RMCs I've ridden), and provided the mid-course brake run doesn't trim, Wonder Woman should have an improved ending as well!
The mid course on JD was on when it first opened but every time I've ridden it this season (maybe 15+ times so far) it hasn't engaged once. That could be due to the fact when I've been there they have only been running 3 trains but who really knows.

Maybe someone can educate me but if this ride is only 1 foot taller how could the pacing "appear" faster than JD? I'm fully aware you can't truly judge pacing just by watching it and riding it is where you notice any differences.

Indy

Hyper Poster
Maybe someone can educate me but if this ride is only 1 foot taller how could the pacing "appear" faster than JD? I'm fully aware you can't truly judge pacing just by watching it and riding it is where you notice any differences.
One factor that could make it seem to go faster is ambient temperature. The warmer it is, the faster a ride will run. However, that should even out in the summer months between the two parks.

Another major factor is the lubrication of the wheels. A ride's pace can be influenced considerably by changing the type of grease used in the wheels or by adjusting the amount of grease in the wheels.

Last edited: