What's new

Europa Park | Voltron | Mack Rides Stryker Coaster | 2024

bratcurry

Mega Poster
They uploaded the trailer to their new VeeJoy-Service. You can see it here:

Sadly, nothing really new except for a render of the train, confirming a longer BigDipper with 4x4 seating:
9a3f9aa78c08901f85d93fc08f29c6e990fd6cd754aa745844.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Interesting that the layout drawing they have at the start looks the same as Lost Gravity, but just in the Europa Park site...

NvTBKip.png

To me it seems like a placeholder (it still shows the two row trains), but interesting they'd use that as a teaser when they already have the train image out there.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Cracking video that!

I got excited when they showed the overhead layout near the start, then realised it appears to be Lost Gravity's...
1647516101392.png

Edit: Beaten to it by @Hixee .
Since that image shows the 2 row cars, but later visuals show 4 rows, I don't think anything can be read into it beyond 'We're getting a BigDipper'

cookie

Giga Poster
Interesting that the layout drawing they have at the start looks the same as Lost Gravity, but just in the Europa Park site...

NvTBKip.png

To me it seems like a placeholder (it still shows the two row trains), but interesting they'd use that as a teaser when they already have the train image out there.
It’s literally Lost Gravity copy and pasted over an EP (pre-2022) site plan. I’d be very surprised if it was used as anything more than a point of reference, especially since the land they’ve set aside for the new coaster is supposed to extend much further west.

Clrun4

Roller Poster
It is indeed a joking tease as the massive antenna, the balloon ride and the seatings for the TV set are still visible. Or it's been some times that these things have been moved out.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The park reopened today and from the Greek area it's easy to see the land that's been cleared. The curved top of the Flug des Ikarus flat ride sign is all that remains.
FOM6hZLXoAApS85

FONwpUrXIAQICix

Source

Of course that's not even all the space this project will use - as shown in the planning permission diagrams the coaster will stretch out west between backstage areas to the boundary road - presumably the main uses of this part will be the themed area and coaster station.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
A public meeting earlier this week in Rust discussed the coaster project. Little extra information was given out about the ride itself however; focus was on the surroundings and noise concerns.

- ride is for the same target group as Silver Star and Blue Fire
- the tallest point of the coaster will be 32m and the speed approx. 80 km/h
- 1,600m track length - which would make it the 3rd longest coaster in Europe (cause let's face it Ultimate is dead)
- due to the relatively low height, the park itself serves as the first noise protection barrrier
- environmental measures are being taken into account for bats which are active in the area therefore most trees will be retained and the amount of lighting will not exceed the current amount of lighting in the area
- the facade of the station building takes after architecture of the Balkans, a sketch showed a building with several gate and window arches (no signs of this being two duelling coasters as rumoured over the years after all according to those who saw the sketch)
- Jurgen Mack stressed the ride will not be sponsored

210772671-h-720.jpg

Source

The other major topic was complaints about noise pollution caused by Wodan. The park blames wear and tear, especially in certain curves, and wants to remedy the situation with additional noise protection walls, noise protection mats and retracking work.

Wodan’s turn through Atlantica Supersplash already received a sound barrier this year.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
- 1,600m track length - which would make it the 3rd longest coaster in Europe (cause let's face it Ultimate is dead)
🤯

That is a crazy figure.

This ride is going to be longer than Shambhala, despite being less than half the height!

Since we're presumably looking at 4x4 cars, we could loosely consider Smiler as something similar in terms of scale, and even then, this is going to be more than 400m longer than that!

Really curious for how many blocks this will have and how many cars it will run. Again using Smiler as a comparison, that was designed to run 5 cars (not that it does any more of course), and was only just getting into 4 digits in terms of throughput. Even with Mack engineering and Europa Park operations, 5 cars wouldn't feel like enough given the scale of the ride imo.

Very intrigued.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I am also very curious as to how this coaster run - wasn't it originally meant to be a duelling coaster? I'm just struggling to work out how they can manage that much track with only 2 launches and a top speed of 50mph, it must be crawling by the end. But hopefully it's a Lenny design and he will make the absolute most with what he's got.

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
🤯
Since we're presumably looking at 4x4 cars, we could loosely consider Smiler as something similar in terms of scale, and even then, this is going to be more than 400m longer than that!

Really curious for how many blocks this will have and how many cars it will run. Again using Smiler as a comparison, that was designed to run 5 cars (not that it does any more of course), and was only just getting into 4 digits in terms of throughput. Even with Mack engineering and Europa Park operations, 5 cars wouldn't feel like enough given the scale of the ride imo.

Very intrigued.
I guess Euro-Mir only takes 16 per train as well, but Europa do Europa and run 9 trains on it. So i'm sure they'll find a way to cram more than 5 trains on the track. If Euro Mir can manage nine, i'm sure this can manage more than 5! It would need a lot of block zones, but i guess if they do add dark ride elements, this could help give more block zones. Poseidon is another example, 8 per car. But Europa dispatch 2 trains every like 20 seconds.

Europa are very good at squeezing throughput out of anything they do, so i don't have any doubt or fear this will suffer from any throughput issues. I am intruiged on its length though, there must be some form of dark ride section, maybe a drop track? Something to pad out the ride, because two launches at that speed doesn't seem enough?

I am incredibly excited though with a length like that though! I also am excited to see where they go with Balkan inspired theming, i think Europa will make it look really beautiful.

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
So in real money that's, what, 5250ft, give or take? To coin a phrase - 'phew, what a whopper'.
Maybe that's where project Exodus' extra lap went? All of Mack's track manufacturing capacity will be taken up with this for the foreseeable?
"Apologies herr Thorpe, ve are vay too busy vith our own achterbhan, you vill haf to haf ze leetle one".

Last edited:

God have mercy

Roller Poster
Will this include a lift hill as well as the two launches? I've got a feeling Mack will try break there inversion record and try pack in 9 or 10 inversions with a dark section as well. I'm expecting plenty of hangtime, whippy elements and large pops of floater airtime. Mack's version of The Smiler but smoother.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
What I know for sure is that this won't have a conventional station setup, but what I'm unsure of is how it will work. Parallel or in-series station platforms? Will it load and dispatch two trains simultaneously? Maybe it will have the Tron setup, with 4 total station platforms? Maybe it will have 4 station platforms in series, with two trains loading and unloading and both will be dispatched together? Maybe it will have a moving loading station? Will certainly be interesting to see how it will work, but I think we could be getting a more thrilling version of something similar to Hagrid's.

Last edited:

bratcurry

Mega Poster
I am also very curious as to how this coaster run - wasn't it originally meant to be a duelling coaster?
That was merely speculated but nothing official or anything like that. Mack's only spoke about one coaster that's going to be called Voltron. With that in mind I'm still thinking of a Möbius coaster.

Peet

Giga Poster
It could be one of those Möbius layout types where you still do the whole track on each ride, like West Coast Racers or Twisted Colossus.

Even Smiler is a bit like that but it never seems to duel with itself these days, I think they need to speed up the dispatches. In the opening year or two there was often one train going up each lift hill at the same time which made for some great interactions. I reckon Mack/Europa could do that properly so that it *really* works.