What's new

Tripsdrill | Hals-Über-Kopf & Volldampf | Vekoma STC & Family Boomerang Coaster

UP87

Mega Poster
Off topic: I have to say this thread shows again I don't really like the way this board handles coasters. Opened coasters kind of vanish behind a sticky wall of coasters in progress. I wish there was some way to improve the visibility of new postings on old coasters.

On topic: I like how the two new coasters look and I'm really eager to try them. The park has an awesome flair and the new coasters seem to fit in perfectly. All it needs is a barfing animatronic ;) As I'm from NRW maybe I'll do some small tour visiting Holiday Park, Europa Park and Tripsdrill.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Off topic: I have to say this thread shows again I don't really like the way this board handles coasters. Opened coasters kind of vanish behind a sticky wall of coasters in progress. I wish there was some way to improve the visibility of new postings on old coasters.
Yes, it's not ideal. We don't really have a better system...

I may have gotten used to it (after all, I'm one of the people who does all the sticking/unsticking), but it's fairly obvious to me. Stuff under construction is at the top, finished stuff below. If the top level forum ("Roller Coaster Construction") shows unread posts, but none of the top sticky ones are unread, I know it must be about an open coaster.

This is also why I try to post in the thread every time I unstick, so it will flag to everyone as an unread comment. This'll also work if you just use the "What's New" method of posting.

Dunno... all ears if there's a better way. :)

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Dunno... all ears if there's a better way. :)
Just spitballing an idea here, but could it be feasible to have two different subforums? Roller coaster construction and Roller coaster discussion? Or something like that? Could have one be a subforum of the other, like how the Coaster Games subforum is set up.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just spitballing an idea here, but could it be feasible to have two different subforums? Roller coaster construction and Roller coaster discussion? Or something like that? Could have one be a subforum of the other, like how the Coaster Games subforum is set up.
Will loop you in to a PM thread. :)

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Been on it yesterday as well. My opinion can be put really short: It isn't that intense, but it's fun.
It's a perfect fit for this park that is still targeted towards families, I think many people, including kids and younger teens will be able to ride it without getting overwhelmed and have a great fun.
But after you've been spoiled by inverts like Black Mamba, this probably won't knock your socks off.

Matt N

CF Legend
Ooh, that’s fantastic! Really loving the little shields as wheel covers and seat backs that look a bit like backpacks especially!

Is it known what exactly the theme of Hals-uber-Kopf is supposed to be, out of interest?

JammyH

Hyper Poster
Ooh, that’s fantastic! Really loving the little shields as wheel covers and seat backs that look a bit like backpacks especially!

Is it known what exactly the theme of Hals-uber-Kopf is supposed to be, out of interest?

I don’t know what the theme is and I guess we will find out more when they implement the station, but Hal’s über Kopf means “throat over head” in English. I’m guessing it’s sort of a colloquial term like how Brit’s say “head over heels”.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I don’t know what the theme is and I guess we will find out more when they implement the station, but Hal’s über Kopf means “throat over head” in English. I’m guessing it’s sort of a colloquial term like how Brit’s say “head over heels”.
There were a couple of posts way back when the names where announced:
"Hals-über-Kopf" translates to "in a hurry" or "headlong". I think it's quite fitting for an intense suspended coaster in a park that is themed around local (schwäbisch) volklore.
https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...y-boomerang-coaster.42482/page-3#post-1076056
Hals-über-Kopf is also an expression in German, meaning "making a quick decisions without thinking".
https://coasterforce.com/forums/thr...y-boomerang-coaster.42482/page-4#post-1076058

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
It's themed to the local fairy tale/folklore story of the Seven Swabians. The Seven Swabians travel around the world (hence the travellers backpacks with a rolled up blanket and frying pan) and carry a spear for protection (which is why the front car has spears either side).

While Volldampf is with its railway theming is based on a local folk song "On the Swabian Railway". In it a farmer wants to save money on transport costs so ties his goat to back the train (as seen on the back of the coaster train). Both stories end with the Seven Swabians and the goat dying but Tripsdrill to be more family friendly have left out/changed the endings in their versions.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
Rode this today and I thought it was excellent. If you've ridden the more aggressive SFC layout (Energylandia, Dollywood, etc), then this is essentially just that with a larger drop and some corkscrews. All three inversions are taken at what feels like complete zero G, you're upside down but there's no hangtime or positives, you just float through like time's stood still. Very similar to how the RMC stalls feel but not as drawn out.

However it feels too smooth and too refined. What's there I can't fault because it rides fantastically and has great intensity and pops of airtime. But there's something unexciting and almost bland about this ride. Maybe the short height and repetitive layout.

Elsewhere in the park I adored Karacho. It was punchy, had an interesting sequence of elements and felt like it had bags of character despite not riding as nicely as HUK. Maybe once HUK stops feeling like a building site next year I'll warm to it more but today I was ready to move on after two rides whereas Karacho I lapped and lapped.

Like I said at the start this is an excellent coaster objectively and rides so well and I am struggling to put my finger on what felt a little off about it. Maybe I overhyped it as the only new European coaster opening bar FLY.

Last edited:
Got on this on Friday and absolutely loved it.

The drops, inversions and airtime hills (feels strange describing an invert as having airtime hills) were all lovely and floaty. It's so smooth, the elements are profiled so well and the restraints leave you so free that it is possibly the most comfortable inverting coaster I've ever done. Massive amounts of fun and I can't wait to see more of these pop up.

It won't break my top 10, but it is definitely the best Vekoma I've ridden (I have ridden F.L.Y ?) and it is unquestionably the best ride in the park. Tripsdrill are onto an absolute winner with this coaster!

High praise indeed, out of interest have you ridden Lech?
I haven't sadly, one of many coasters resting in the 2020 trip graveyard. At the moment that's the only coaster I can see competing with Hals-Über-Kopf for the best Vekoma title. Abyssus could catch me off guard though, I just think Lech will deliver better forces. Fingers crossed I'll get to re-asses the situation next year!

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I haven't sadly, one of many coasters resting in the 2020 trip graveyard. At the moment that's the only coaster I can see competing with Hals-Über-Kopf for the best Vekoma title. Abyssus could catch me off guard though, I just think Lech will deliver better forces. Fingers crossed I'll get to re-asses the situation next year!
Well it’s still high praise, my enjoyment of Lech wasn’t that much more than fly, in fact, in most ways fly has it beaten... But Lech wins the 2 most important categories, airtime and forces. :)

Hals Uber Kopf was one of my 2020 victims :/ Can’t wait to try it. Here’s to 2021 ?

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The day after Tripsdrill closed for the off season the construction teams arrived to start work on the theming of Hals-Uber-Kopf's station and construction of its queue with multi-media effects.
image_538754.png

image_538687.jpg

Source
image_538857.png

Source