What's new

Coronavirus: Impact on Theme Parks

BlueSonicHD

Mega Poster
seems a bit odd with masks, saying some rides may need them, so you have to put them on and then its ok to remove them throughout the day ?‍♂️
put the virus infected mask in your pocket then put it back on to ride and infect everything you touch, including yourself ?

looks like still cant take your own food into park either

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
I watched the entire UK Covid 19 government daily update, no real news regarding loosening of lockdown. Nothing said about Zoos which is sad as many point out. Numbers going down but death numbers are usually very low on Monday; still the fact that there are only just over 500 people left on ventilators and less than 6500 in hospital across the entire of the UK now must be encouraging.

Everyone actually seemed to ask decent questions from all different sides of the political spectrum I thought (individuals and news outlets including a good start from the BBC which was surprising), up until the Guardian whose correspondent first complained about his name being mispronounced and then that Britain is apparently a racist country because proportionally more BAME people die from Covid 19. ?
A stunning display of race baiting I thought after the government clearly just wanted to get away from the mayhem at the weekend in this presentation. His second point about people of BAME backgrounds being fined more than anyone else under Covid 19 guidelines could well be true. To be honest I don't even want to look this up as he is clearly just there to be inflammatory without actually challenging the government with factual evidence. I'm not going to let these types of inflammatory statements divide me from other people in this country regardless of their background at all.
I actually thought Rishi Sunak, a politician I know little about, summed up my own feelings about the racial issues from past, present and future perfectly in his most recent tweet. Kudos to him for putting things together concisely in about 100 words. Doubt I could ever do that. Would probably take me a 10 page essay. I thought I'd share it for anyone interested, as I feel very strongly these these are quite accurate words and it seems like a good place to end any talk from myself about that with this regardless if there are more demonstrations at the weekend.
Screenshot 2020-06-08 at 18.04.33.png

Other than that the Covid 19 presentation was just paint by numbers and interesting information with the government now seemingly being more confident that the virus is on its way out.

Really hope Zoos can open before the 4th of July, but it's looking unlikely.

Last edited:

JammyH

Hyper Poster
True. As I also see the Mirror are reporting we will be able to travel accrosc Europe by July

I heard that 22nd July is the date they are aiming for “in time for the school holidays”.

Bear in mind from 15th June UK citizens are welcome in many EU countries anyway including netherlands,germany, Sweden, iceland and Italy.

It’s just the bl***y quarantine on return which is the problem and it needs to be scrapped.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Have we seriously not learnt anything about the tabloids and their insistence on posting rubbish predictions yet?

Until the easing plan was released, there were different dates in stories every day... Pubs in Sept, pubs at Christmas, Holidays in June, holidays in July, No holidays until 2021.... I could go on... They’ve made an absolute packet out of these completely unfounded stories, because those who ‘need’ to know these things were clambering for information....

Then came the government plan, and the lies predictions all but stopped, we had a timeline, we knew what was happening when.

I’m guessing their revenue has slowed a little, because all of a sudden, these predictions are creeping back onto the front pages. Despite their being a plan, in writing, available on the government website. People don’t seem to have learnt the lessons from before the plan, as they’re lapping it up ?

Even IF the government see an opportunity to open anything ahead of schedule, I will not be taking my queues from mainstream media, except where they’re publishing ‘official statements.’ I will work on the government published schedule until they tell us otherwise... So that is Hospitality and Leisure in stages from the 4th July... That includes pubs, restaurants, theme parks, zoos, hotels and so on. And as it stands, it currently means a 3 week review on the quarantine. So unless they do a complete U-turn, and end up with egg on their faces, we won’t be permitted to travel anywhere without isolating on return until at least 29th June :)

That’s not to say it won’t change... But please stop wasting your time with bulls*it stories in mainstream news... And wait for official news. I must have answered about 20 f**king messages asking if we were opening on the 22nd yesterday ?

Last edited:

Professor

Also, on the protests... I’m posting this here as we don’t seem to have a thread, and all previous discussion has been in here...

This is going to get VERY messy...

Can you imagine it? A bunch of casuals working WITH the police ??

I partly blame hypocrites such as Piers Morgan egging this on every morning and shouting like a madman. The media are loving the chaos.

People need to stop thinking in extremes I think. Very easy to conclude Britain did slave trade and used African slaves so the country should be punished in certain ways or its history should be cleansed/erased by destroying associations with it. On the other side of the extreme you can also conclude Britain was amongst the first to abolish slave trade legally and a country in Africa last (Mauritania) so the complete opposite is sort of true. I don't think it helps anyone in the future to think in these extremes, it merely just supports a position and justifies someone to do nothing and never actually have a debate or reason with someone else. The silent majority I don't think will go along with either position.

The Zeitgeist is constantly changing, people will condemn us in the future too most likely.

Stop being a pawn in a media chaos / political game and try to be a better person than you were yesterday if you can.

Anyway I said I would end my talk on the matter. ?

Professor

Heartbreaking story of a family who wanted to be in Disneyland Paris around father's day, specifically this year but obviously can't right now.

Good to see some some companies chip in to help make fun alternative arrangements.

I'm somewhat surprised to see the likes of Disney Paris not announce anything yet nor do we know what is happening in Sweden with Liseberg.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
The presenter / anchor on BBC news right now has a right bee in her bonnet about theme parks reopening before schools... She keeps asking every guest she interviews if they think it’s appropriate they may open before schools ??

JammyH

Hyper Poster
So it looks to me like Eurowings have just stripped back their flight schedule from the UK to Germany for July. Before, they were advertising flying to cologne multiple times a day as per usual, now they are only planning on flying 3 times a week. Leaves me wondering if these flights will even run at all as long as the quarantine remains in place.

The prices for the stenaline ferry are also very high at the moment and the eurotunnel is only allowed for essential travel into France only.

It's quite annoying as the Dutch borders are open to the EU and UK and Germany will open to the EU and UK on 15th June, meaning that if flights were running we would be welcome to these country and the parks. The only caveat being the quarantine on return. Unfortunately, due to the imposed quarantine it looks like flight schedules are being completely stripped back once again.

I know Ryanair plans to run 40% of its schedule from 1st July but I assume that is on the assumption that the quarantine will be dropped or we will have some "air bridges" with some EU countries by then. It seems it's quite likely that the first air bridge could be with Portugal, which in my opinion is stupid seeing as they have a higher amount of active cases per capita than we do. Probably why the prime minister of Portugal is so keen to create the air bridge with us... as no one else will accept them!

As said above, the first review of the quarantine will be end of June. My hope is that it is scrapped, but I reckon it will most likely be extended for a further 3 weeks with some potential "air bridges" in place. This in my opinion is stupid as countries like Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany & Iceland are all welcoming us from 15th June and have lower infection rates than us, yet we would have to quarantine on return and not when arriving at the foreign country for the holiday. ?‍♂️

Therefore, it seems like the quarantine will most likely run until mid-July ish, meaning flight schedules probably won't be restored around the EU from the UK until August, which is probably when any of us will actually be able to go on holiday from by the looks of it. (unless you are willing to pay the high price for stenaline to drive into netherlands/germany for the parks).

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Kings Island and Cedar Point have set dates for reopen, using a phase-in approach of passholders only for the first work, and then opening to include daily ticket holders:
- Kings Island: July 2-11 passholders only, daily ticket there after
- Cedar Point: July 9-10 passholders only, July 11 onward includes ticket holders

Here’s their synopsis of protocol:

New cleanliness, health, and safety protocols at Cedar Point include:

Reservations for a Visit – in order to maintain limited capacity each operating day, all guests, including Season Passholders, will be required to make a reservation to visit the park though the Cedar Point mobile app or at cedarpoint.com. In a few weeks prior to park opening, 2020 Cedar Point Season, Gold or Platinum Passholders will receive an invitation to make reservations first, followed by guests who have pre-purchased day tickets. Reservation availability for guests who have not yet purchased a park ticket will be announced at a later date.

Guests who stay at a Cedar Point Resorts property will have guaranteed entry to Cedar Point for each day of their stay, beginning the day after check in, but must purchase a ticket or have a 2020 Season Pass.

Health Screening – all guests must complete a health screening declaration within the Cedar Point mobile app 24 hours prior to entering the park.

Temperature Screening – guests and associates will undergo a touchless temperature screening prior to entering the park.

Face Coverings – guests and associates will be required to wear a mask at all times.

Social Distancing – markers and signage will be placed throughout the park to assist with social distancing of at least six feet.

Additional protocols include touchless transactions, limited guest/associate contact, enhanced cleaning procedures in high-touch areas, dining locations, hotel rooms and restrooms, capacity management through the park and additional hand sanitization stations.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
So it looks to me like Eurowings have just stripped back their flight schedule from the UK to Germany for July. Before, they were advertising flying to cologne multiple times a day as per usual, now they are only planning on flying 3 times a week. Leaves me wondering if these flights will even run at all as long as the quarantine remains in place.

The prices for the stenaline ferry are also very high at the moment and the eurotunnel is only allowed for essential travel into France only.

It's quite annoying as the Dutch borders are open to the EU and UK and Germany will open to the EU and UK on 15th June, meaning that if flights were running we would be welcome to these country and the parks. The only caveat being the quarantine on return. Unfortunately, due to the imposed quarantine it looks like flight schedules are being completely stripped back once again.

I know Ryanair plans to run 40% of its schedule from 1st July but I assume that is on the assumption that the quarantine will be dropped or we will have some "air bridges" with some EU countries by then. It seems it's quite likely that the first air bridge could be with Portugal, which in my opinion is stupid seeing as they have a higher amount of active cases per capita than we do. Probably why the prime minister of Portugal is so keen to create the air bridge with us... as no one else will accept them!

As said above, the first review of the quarantine will be end of June. My hope is that it is scrapped, but I reckon it will most likely be extended for a further 3 weeks with some potential "air bridges" in place. This in my opinion is stupid as countries like Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany & Iceland are all welcoming us from 15th June and have lower infection rates than us, yet we would have to quarantine on return and not when arriving at the foreign country for the holiday. ?‍♂️

Therefore, it seems like the quarantine will most likely run until mid-July ish, meaning flight schedules probably won't be restored around the EU from the UK until August, which is probably when any of us will actually be able to go on holiday from by the looks of it. (unless you are willing to pay the high price for stenaline to drive into netherlands/germany for the parks).
You can travel through france from the 15th... Just 6 days from now, you can also visit France itself from the 15th (with an ‘advisory’ quarantine)

Travelling through most of Europe will be easier from the 15th June :)

JammyH

Hyper Poster
You can travel through france from the 15th... Just 6 days from now, you can also visit France itself from the 15th (with an ‘advisory’ quarantine)

Great... thanks! I’ve been using euronews to check the restrictions as well it’s really useful!

Wear face coverings at ALL times? Even when eating and drinking?

I imagine it will be similar to universal. Face coverings on all public pathways. They have “rest zones” where you can take your mask off and have a drink or something to eat, and of course you can take your masks off once seated in restaurants as well.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Great... thanks! I’ve been using euronews to check the restrictions as well it’s really useful!

I imagine it will be similar to universal. Face coverings on all public pathways. They have “rest zones” where you can take your mask off and have a drink or something to eat, and of course you can take your masks off once seated in restaurants as well.
Can currently book a car and 4 passenger crossing on the 15th for £110 return...

Anyone up for Europa Park?