What's new

Rides that you would like more if they had different restraints

Boodangy

Mega Poster
Having only ridden it the other week, Valkyria at Liseberg, it is really affected by the b&m vest restraints
I guess I should preface this by saying that Krake is the only B&M Dive I've done, but I would probably actually say the opposite? I haven't experienced vests on other dive coasters, but I feel I would actually enjoy Krake more with the vest restraints cause the seats are wider to accommodate the restraint. The old B&M restraints/seats are very cramped horizontally.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
I guess I should preface this by saying that Krake is the only B&M Dive I've done, but I would probably actually say the opposite? I haven't experienced vests on other dive coasters, but I feel I would actually enjoy Krake more with the vest restraints cause the seats are wider to accommodate the restraint. The old B&M restraints/seats are very cramped horizontally.
Most of the trouble is lack of float down the drop, rest of the circuit is good. It's sad that B&M are putting on more of these vest restraints than the typical OTSR's. Obviously the only type that has only had the vest one is the wing, and that's okay on them.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
The Ultimate
All RMCs - The tightening can be really uncomfortable, I always leave some room and by the end I'm in a lot of pain. The adrenaline gets me through but they can be extremely painful.
The Voyage - This is more about the seat divider rubbing against the side of your leg but it's partly the restraint forcing your leg to be in that position.
Baco - Maybe would fix the rattle #strawclutching
Kingda Ka, Storm Runner, Stealth etc

tomahawk

Strata Poster
The Ultimate
All RMCs - The tightening can be really uncomfortable, I always leave some room and by the end I'm in a lot of pain. The adrenaline gets me through but they can be extremely painful.
The Voyage - This is more about the seat divider rubbing against the side of your leg but it's partly the restraint forcing your leg to be in that position.
Baco - Maybe would fix the rattle #strawclutching
Kingda Ka, Storm Runner, Stealth etc
Voyage. Restraints. Are. The. Worst.

Holiday World and their ****ty dividers are offensive. Those trains are just ass in general.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bob_3_

Giga Poster
Rita, definately. I think it has decent air-time and would've massively benefitted from being more open. Although the hop into the brakes may be abit too brutal without anything there to catch your top half.

Dan Nguyen

Roller Poster
I dunno if its because not a lot of people have ridden them but

Zamperla's Thunderbolt coasters have godawful restraints. They're bulky, super uncomfortable and they always staple no matter what. Something a little more open would do wonders for those rides since the rides themselves are pretty solid (even if they've got awkward transitions).

Sky

Mega Poster
Maverick 100% for me. The ride itself was fun, but the restraints pinning my shoulder blades to the seat just killed all enjoyment I could have had.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Stampida at PA. Those trains are ****e. They put GCI trains on Tomahawk, they need to do the same thing to Stampida.

Also, swap all SLC trains with the new Vekoma SLC vest trains. Then they would actually be good rides.

chasgoose

Roller Poster
Let me list some
-rougarou (needs vest restraints)
-Goliath (sfne) (needs riddler restraints
-kingda ka (holy hell this needs maverick restraints more then any other on this list)
-Rollie’s coaster(moreys) (WTF?)
-valravn (needs new restraints less then the others but still) (needs normal ots restraints)
-superman (sfne) (needs normal intamin T-bar and not **** bulky one)
-magnum xl-200 (could use new restraints and not arrow lap bars)
Rougarou needs the B&M vest restraints. It’s such a great layout, but when I rode it last weekend it was very painful. I can’t imagine what it was like in Mantis form.

solarfall

Mega Poster
Rougarou needs the B&M vest restraints. It’s such a great layout, but when I rode it last weekend it was very painful. I can’t imagine what it was like in Mantis form.
I actually liked it more as Mantis, but that's probably because I'm a manlet and stand-up restraints just never bothered me. It's kind of a mixed bag these days. Sometimes Rougaroo gives glass smooth rides, and other times it's super rattly and I need to ride defensively in the 2nd half.

Back on thread topic, could anyone imagine Magnum with Phantom's Revenge trains/restrains? That would be a game changer.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Since no one has mentioned Skyrush, I’m going to go ahead and suggest that coaster. 🧐 ;)

Seriously, I had to work my brain to move it away from Skyrush to think of other examples. I don’t like the restraints on Maverick and Lightning Run, and several RMCs (not all, though) are capable of cutting into my gut painfully (LRod, Storm Chaser, Steel Vengeance, Outlaw Run, Goliath — others not quite as bad).

RcTmix

Mega Poster
Flight of Fear. I actually quite like the ride even though it's gotten pretty shaky with age. The bulky lap bars on seats that are much too close to the floor create a cramped, uncomfortable ride position for anyone in posession of legs. The shin guards are so restrictive that your feet have to be in precisely the right place, but depending on the row, the vehicle is so cramped that there isn't actually space on the floor for an ordinary shoe in that position. I remember having one ride with my left foot pinned quite uncomfortably beneath the center of the shin guard, because my shoe was too long and wide to fit correctly next to the wheel well. Plus having seatbelts that ride hosts must buckle to the outside of the train is just the dumbest possible design. It makes load times slow, increasing the likelihood of getting stapled by a rushed ride host under pressure to meet their dispatch interval.

So yeah, basically any other kind of lapbar would improve the ride.

Matt N

CF Legend
Now this thread has been bumped, I’ve got a new nomination; Olympia Looping.

Prior to riding Olympia, I never thought tightening restraints bothered me that much. However, these hard plastic bars pressed down a huge amount during the ride and were painful to the point where I was wincing in pain during the ride due to how tightly the shoulder bar was pressing against my shoulders. The cars are also quite small in terms of legroom; I’m not particularly tall, and I found the legroom quite tight.

Combined with the fact I found the coaster a bit too intense for my liking, and I’m afraid that Olympia was a big disappointment for me after hearing so much hype.