What's new

Universal's Epic Universe | Orlando USA | Theme Park

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Alicia has already posted the concept art with the rumoured areas point out...

Looks great! The dueling cred was a surprise.

This is basically what I was expecting from the announcment (hoped for more), just glad to see it all official. I suppose construction will be starting pretty soon seeing as the land clearing has finished.

There was confirmation that new roads are going to start construction and the journey between the new area and the current resort is 12 minutes. They're hoping the new Virgin trainline from Miami to Orlando airport will add a station at the convention centre (which is across the street).
Ooh, all makes a bit more sense now! Like how they have an entertainment district in the middle of the park. Not a fan of the logo though- far too much like IOAs or the fact it sounds like we wont be getting more than a more than a bus link to the existing resort. Also, is anyone else getting Tomorrowland vibes?

Last edited:

emoo

Hyper Poster
i'm getting 'yet another grand Chinese theme park concept art' vibe. Seen so much concept art over the past years with so little facts alongside. Looks cool though,

bob_3_

Giga Poster
More coasters visible.
EA5-H-Vv-X4-AEc7-3.png

toofpikk

Mega Poster
A few things can be derived from this.
1. Wow.
2. Is that 2/3 indoor areas? Crazy total immersion in each bit super cool fun.
3. 3 New coasters in 1 area, and supposedly the httyd area? Amazing.
4. Holy cow how many bottle necks are there? Idk the capacity of universal parks, and idk how this will work (multi area ticket/solo area ticket?) but it seems like each area has it's own little entrance and how congested are they gonna get? I get the fully immersive stuff and it seems like a fab idea but if each of these pockets only have one way in and out I can imagine it being a bit hellish on busy days. Plus, walking from one corner of one area to another must be painful, like imagine doing the coaster that goes under the lake in the bottom right and then wanting to do something in the top left. So many bottle necks! I wonder if they'll fill in the gaps between the areas on the left and the areas on the right, it looks like there's space for some significant expansions.

Ok rant over ultimately THIS IS EXCITING

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
I don’t think any of the areas are indoors (with the possible exception of the Wizarding World in the top right), but the walls and buildings are supposed to block sightlines to other sections of the park to create total immersion.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
https://www.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/cktkng
Donkey Kong coaster prototype!

A few things can be derived from this.
1. Wow.
2. Is that 2/3 indoor areas? Crazy total immersion in each bit super cool fun.
3. 3 New coasters in 1 area, and supposedly the httyd area? Amazing.
4. Holy cow how many bottle necks are there? Idk the capacity of universal parks, and idk how this will work (multi area ticket/solo area ticket?) but it seems like each area has it's own little entrance and how congested are they gonna get? I get the fully immersive stuff and it seems like a fab idea but if each of these pockets only have one way in and out I can imagine it being a bit hellish on busy days. Plus, walking from one corner of one area to another must be painful, like imagine doing the coaster that goes under the lake in the bottom right and then wanting to do something in the top left. So many bottle necks! I wonder if they'll fill in the gaps between the areas on the left and the areas on the right, it looks like there's space for some significant expansions.

Ok rant over ultimately THIS IS EXCITING

The dueling coasters aren't part of the HTTYD section, apparently. They're part of the hub area. No IP attached.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Ahh, Universal's Epic Universe Theme Park. A name that is sure to age like fine wine... in an opened bottle left out in the sun. They might as well have called it "Super Tubular Theme Park" for how timeless it will sound by the time the park is open.

Similarly, why have an entire area dedicated to How to Train Your Dragon? The last film in the trilogy was made this year, and it pretty conclusively ended the series as far as the main characters and locations were concerned. Doesn't seem like a good idea to bank this much on a series that is for all purposes over and wrapped up even before the park begins construction. Then again, I guess they could squeeze out endless sequels, prequels and inter-quels to keep the IP relevant, but I can't see that working as well in the long run. Then again again, Disney made a coaster themed to Snow White and the Seven Dwarves a good 75 years after the movie premiered, so eh.

Ethan

Strata Poster
I'm certain this park will be fab, but to me, the themed areas just as if they've been plonked there. No correlation at all. Although saying that, I have no problems with IOA, and they have Jurassic Park, next to Cartoons, next to Marvel Superheroes, so maybe I'm just pedantic.

As for the actual IPs though... Nintendo World? I get it. Fantastic Beasts? A terrible, terrible franchise, but I get it. How to Train Your Dragon? Hmm. I mean, it's popular, but... I dunno. From the concept art, it feels a bit mish-mash to me, but if Universal squashes these doubts of mine, I'll happily eat my words.

EthanCoaster

Mega Poster
I think the How To Train Your Dragon area could be more of a general DreamWorks section by the time the park opens. Even so, I hope they put as much effort into the Dreamworks lands as they appear to be doing with the other sections. Personally, Dragons is the draw of the park to me, so it’s the thing that will make or break my opinion of the park.

spicy

Giga Poster
Hate the name. Can’t believe they didn’t go with Fantastic Worlds.

Maybe once this has opened they are going to brand their Orlando resort as Universal World? So didn’t want the clash of names?

Other than that, this is surely the most exciting theme park news in years and looking forward to following the construction of a brand new Universal park.

Shame the rumoured Lord of the Rings land isn’t a thing though.

Matthew Fair

Mega Poster
Hate the name. Can’t believe they didn’t go with Fantastic Worlds.

Maybe once this has opened they are going to brand their Orlando resort as Universal World? So didn’t want the clash of names?

Other than that, this is surely the most exciting theme park news in years and looking forward to following the construction of a brand new Universal park.

Shame the rumoured Lord of the Rings land isn’t a thing though.
Maybe Fantastic Worlds will be the 4th theme park ?‍♂️??